Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Does Verizon give me new phone?
sullivcf

I have a DroidX, and it is a defect phone. Now it wont do anything at all. I want to know if Verizon will give me a free new phone, or if they will give me a discount on a new one. I want a new iphone, and Motorola doesnt make this model anymore.

Answers?

0 Likes
Re: Does Verizon give me new phone?
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

No, Verizon will not give you a free new phone.

If the phone has no physical damage and you are within your 1yr manufacturers warranty, you could call CS and possibly get a refurbished phone.

If you have completed 20 months of your 2 yr contract, you would be able to purchase a discounted phone from Verizon which would include an iPhone as one of your choices.

0 Likes
Not applicable

>Irrelevant comment deleted<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
japetty

>Irrelevant comment deleted<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello sullivcf
I'm saddened to hear your having issues with your Droid X. Let's get these issues addressed. While I can't provide you with a free new phone you do have some options. Do you have insurance on this device? What's happening with the device?

Here's a great link about our replacement policy: http://support.verizonwireless.com/information/cln_replacement.html?sayt=certified like new r*   

If the device is outside the manufacturer's warranty another option may be our certified pre owned devices. Learn all about them here: http://support.verizonwireless.com/information/cpo_replacement.html?sayt=certified pre own*

I hope this helps.

Thank you
JoeL_VZW

Please follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes