Droid 2.0.1 update issue
minds1icer

I just updated to 2.0.1 earlier today and now my 3g coverage is messed up (never had any issues before the update). Is there a way to uninstall the update?  I went to the factory data reset but it says it will not erase current system software???? So ho do I revert back to previous firmware?

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid 2.0.1 update issue
jstriedl

I too had a problem with the Weather application no longer recognizing my current location when my phone is plugged into the Home Dock...any body else??? I've even tried to have it detect the location wirelessly and it still won't work!

0 Likes
wandacahill

No help to offer, but my phone is having same problem - I updated to 2.01 as prompted and now the weatherbug app won't update and I show no 3G service at home, where I normally have plenty. 

0 Likes
talkdj
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here.  Got the update and weather is useless on the dock.  No problem with the 3G though.  Before the update I had to reboot the phone for the weather app to work on the dock.  Now, nothing!

0 Likes
old_man-58

Before you downgade try *228

0 Likes
strent04

Hey,

I got the update @ 4:30 this morning, when the phone re-started I had lost 20 or so contacts that where FB imports and some that were mannually entered!?!? Also the FB phonebook folder widget was deleted and still is not sync!

I have FB updates for some people but others are missing. Anyone else having this issue?

strent04

0 Likes
tmiles

Same here no weather on the dock and the new unlock slider stinks.

0 Likes
JFox

I have not yet received the update, but my weather function ceased working yesterday morning. Reboot does not correct the problem. The Motorola forum has a thread about this issue.

0 Likes
AFguy
Contributor - Level 2

Could you paste a link in here to that thread?  Thanks.  I am also having an issue with the weather while in the dock.

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

AFguy wrote:

Could you paste a link in here to that thread?  Thanks.  I am also having an issue with the weather while in the dock.

it was reported somewhere in this forum that the weather portion of the dock is no longer supported in the united states.  it may come up later but no guarantees.

*228 will probably solve everyones concern about bars.  i had no problem with mine but at droidforums.net, many have done this and they now state they have more bars than before

0 Likes