Droid 2 - Default Music Player opens on its own whenever I use headphones.
Richk1313

I received a Droid 2 from my mother as a christmas present. Everything on the phone seems to work wonderfully except for one thing. Anytime I plug headphones into the phone, it automatically opens the default music player. If I close the player and continue what I was doing, it will only stay closed for a few seconds and opens back up. This happens no matter what I'm using the headphones for. Netflix, Youtube, Pandora, Etc. I tried to go into Settings > Manage Applications and was going to delete the default music player but, the phone says I need <Deleted> to do so and I have no idea how to go about that.

I went online and researched the problem I'm having and it looks like I am not alone. It looks as if this is a problem with the entire line of Droid 2's and noone seems to know what to do to fix it. Someone help please?...

<Post edited to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: Droid 2 - Default Music Player opens on its own whenever I use headphones.
rcschnoor
Legend

There may also be a setting in the preferences of the music player which is opening the app whenever you plug in the headphones. I have seen a setting on a music player on my phone which has the app automatically start whenever I plug in headphones, but I have never had that setting checked and don't know how it works.

0 Likes
Re: Droid 2 - Default Music Player opens on its own whenever I use headphones.
AZSALUKI
Legend
0 Likes