Droid 2 Global--Turning itself on
njrunner

Why does my Droid 2 Global turn itself back on after I have powered down?  When I turn my phone off at night approximately 5 minutes it turns itself back on?  This is an on-going problem.  Any assistance in resolving this issue would be most appreciated!  Thank you.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid 2 Global--Turning itself on
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello njrunner!

I see you posted this a few times in the forums.  Please see my response to your post here:

http://community.vzw.com/t5/DROID-DROID-2-by-Motorola/Droid-2-Global-Turning-itself-on/m-p/744238/me...

Thanks, again, for choosing Verizon Wireless!

0 Likes
rdw11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello Anthony TA_VZW. I'm having this same problem discussed above. Tried to access the link to your response but it appears the site has been taken down or is not operating. Would you please respond with your fix for this?

Thank You!

0 Likes
farcwarts

At what point will Verizon take responsibility and solve this issue? It has been lingering for months now and it borders on wire tapping. Turning on our phones after we shut them off? Big Brother is alive and well!! Imagine if an airliner has a passenger with a Droid. He turns off the Droid and then it turns itself back on while the plane is in flight. Does the FAA know of this safety concern? FAA regulations require cell phones to be turned off but the amazing Droid turns itself back on, possibly while the plane is in flight. Yet I have seen no security warning by Verizon telling customers of the very real risk to air travel safety. Not acceptable. Something needs to be done NOW!!!!

0 Likes
amtelco

same deal with me. get on a flight and turn it off. get off the flight and the phone is on. turn off at night, its on in the morning-lucky for google  i dont keep it in the bedroom as the wife if disturbed would find the software person and ring his neck.

not good to wake up to half a charge every day.

not good to have a software problem that is against the FAA rules

0 Likes
farcwarts

I cant help but notice that Verizon has ignored our posts.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hello!

Thank you for your patience everyone! I am so sorry about the delayed response. When a phone is rebooting, we recommend a hard reset on the phone. After doing this reset, you would want to only load one application at a time back on the phone. If there is an application causing the issue, this will help you figure out which application it is. Please make sure to back up your contacts to Gmail first as well. I will provide a link to the steps below:

Here are the backup steps: http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=31337

Here are the hard reset steps: http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=31308

Thank you again for your patience. We appreciate all of you!

Katie H

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes