Droid 2 global screen issues
Nettiy9
Enthusiast - Level 1

My husband's Droid 2 global has major screen issues. It goes crazy & scrolls randomly to the point where he can't get it to do anything. He has tried taking the battery out, which has helped a few times, and has uninstalled some apps that he thought may be the problem, but it continues to freak out. This has been happening even since the major update the phone went through in November. Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Droid 2 global screen issues
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello there Nettiy9! Sorry to hear about your husband's Droid 2 Global. My wife and I have the same phone, but I haven't seen the behavior you've described on either of them. I'm glad that he removed some applications. It sounds to me like one of his apps is not compatible with the operating system and is now causing havoc on his phone. And my concern is that the corruption that is causing the scrolling is still there and can only be removed by purging all user-installed data through a master reset. He will be able to re-install his applications. My only recommendation is that he should do the re-install one at a time to see if this happens again. If so, he'll know which application is incompatible with the operating system on his phone and get rid of it. Here are the steps for processing a master reset on that model:

Before you begin, make sure that he knows the email address and password for his Gmail account. He had to set one up on the phone before getting access to data services, and the device default is to save his contacts to that account. The master reset WILL PURGE ALL contacts from his phone, so knowing the Gmail email address and password will help him restore the contacts to the phone!

• From the main screen, touch menu tab
  • Touch Settings
  • Touch Privacy
  • Touch Factory Data reset
  • User has the option of Erasing SD Card - if desired check "Erase SD Card"
  • Touch Reset Phone 
  • Touch Erase Everything 
0 Likes