Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Droid 2 no longer a love of mine
GigiBeanz

Where to begin!! my D2G was fine until they did the gingerbread upgrade in october2011. then sporatically to make and receive calls i had to reboot the phone. called tech support they sent another one to me after troubleshooting.  the new phone(which im sure was refurbished) had the same issue plus a new issue that im experiencing now....the touch screen doesnt work!! it doesnt recognize that i am touching it i can unlock it ive cleaned the screen have a screen protector on it it will not unlock because it doesnt recognize me...this trouble began last saturday. i took it to verizon store and sonehow the rep make it work....this past thursday morning it began to glitch again so rather than verizon sending a replacement phone they are troubleshooting it. i mean is it possible that an app can make the touch screen stop working or calls to not be received or made? i am so frustrated right now i am considering leaving verizon. the only thing my phone can do now....is charge....thats it! i am SUPER  frustrated right now.....thoughts comments suggestions nplease? i am desperate at this point.....smhid

0 Likes
Re: Droid 2 no longer a love of mine
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Have you done a factory reset after the Gingerbread update?  Have you tried to uninstall any of your downloaded applications and see if that helps?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Droid 2 no longer a love of mine
GigiBeanz

Yes Ann I've done a factory reset numerous times as per instructed by the

verizon tech support team but to no avail.. I have been having problems with

this phone since October when verizon did the gingerbread update...I finally

gave up cancelled this contract got a new contract and new phone....headache

gone . Thank you for your response.

0 Likes