Droid 2 with Froyo, Anyone having problems? List them here!
Droiddudeaz
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got my Droid 2 about 10 days ago.

I've noticed when you select the '&' symbol during a text or email reply, that it automatically backspaces itself so it sitting against the last work you typed. You have to go back and manually space it. 

When I'm flicking between homescreens the drop down menu from the top of the screen inexplicably drops down. This happens while I'm swiping between screens flicking the middle (not top) of the screen with my finger. From time to time, scrolling is pretty choppy, no matter what I'm doing, other times it's buttery smooth.

Other than that, it seems pretty awesome. Battery issues are gone now. (Set your Advanced Task Killer) to 'Kill' - Crazy and set your security to medium. Set the selection of the open apps on the mainscreen for ATK to 'Kill' so you can kill the programs that don't kill when you hit the kill button. The majority of the time, the phone is VERY fast on the move and websites come up very quickly.

Just curious if any of you have good or bad tales of your new Droid 2.

0 Likes
Re: Droid 2 with Froyo, Anyone having problems? List them here!
Angel4U

I just got my DROID 2---3 DAYS AGo       :smileysad: cant figure it out,,,so much to learn.....what is that u were saying about the battery issues?

I am having that battery dies fast even if I dont use the phone

0 Likes
Droiddudeaz
Enthusiast - Level 2

As far as the battery goes, let it get all the way down to 5% or less. Then, without interruption, charge it all the way to full. Don't remove the cord until the light next to the charging port goes off, even if the screen says 100% charge. Then use the phone until it is down to 5% or less again. Don't worry, if it shuts down because of a lack of power, you won't lose your date. Do this for 2 or preferably 3 charge cycles and your battery longevity should be improved significantly.

Second, in the Applications, download once called 'Advanced Task Killer'. After doing so and opening the app, click on menu then click on setting and set it up this way: Under AUto Kill Level, set it on 'Crazy, then hit your back button once then touch "Auto Kill Frequency' then touch 'When Screen Off'. It wouldn't hurt to watch a video or 2 on youtube about that. It will help a lot.

Let me know if that improves your battery life.

0 Likes
Droiddudeaz
Enthusiast - Level 2

I meant 'lose your data', not your date....LOL

0 Likes
MGKoenig
I'm experiencing your ampersand issue whenever I enter the " character after entering a word followed by a space. (See below for example)

Quote from me" The quotes don't work right."

I'm having the Notification Bar/Screen Scrolling issue as well. Additionally, when trying to scroll vertically through a text message thread using the little scoll knob, the screen will snap back down to the bottom, preventing me from reviewing messages that have been pushed up to the top of the thread.
0 Likes
MGKoenig
Got a couple more for you...

When trying to scroll through the five main screens, sometimes the wallpaper will scroll, and the icons will remain stationary for a few fractions of a second before scrolling.

Additionally, when scrolling through the main screens, there are times when it will take two or three tries before the screen will actually scroll.

Finally, WHERE DID MY LITTLE GREEN ANDROID SMILEYS GO? When sending text messages on my Droid (which was killed by Verizon's Android 2.2 update two weeks ago), my Smileys used to change into little Android characters... not anymore!

I was pleased that Verizon gave me a Droid 2 as a replacement when they killed my Droid, and I like the physical attributes of the Droid 2, but I am not pleased with the software at all, given the glitches that I keep bumping into. Verizon, please... make me happy again - fix the bugs!
0 Likes
MNTwinsFan

I want my Android smiles back too!!

0 Likes
Droiddudeaz
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same problem. I'm I'm scrolling horizontally, changing screens, the top bar drops down when my finger is no where near it.....Can't figure that one out. Same issues with '&' symbol backspacing itself. I have general scrolling issues with the screen, texting in particular. Website scrolling is smooth.

0 Likes
Droiddudeaz
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was wondering if a Verizon person is reading this, do you think there will be an update for the typing auto backspace mistakes, as well as the horizontal scrolling between homescreens and the drop down bar suddenly 'drops down'? and the other misc stuff. It would be cool to know. Android 2.1 seemed better sorted out of the box than 2.2 does. Don't get me wrong, I love the new features and the flash player, but there are a few rough edges? Will the emoticons reappear?

0 Likes
john5152
Enthusiast - Level 3

Using Motorola H17tx bt headset with Motospeak App from market on a droid2. Attempting to make voice calls thru Bluetooth. It seems as if BT headset hears my voice and processes my request and then everything comes out only on phone speaker. No sound from bt headset eventhough the phone says its paird and connected.  May i add that others are having same problem except using other models and makes of bluetoooth headsets. so i think this qualifys as a phone problem,

The illuminated touch buttons: I have the brightness set at auto. but the buttons still go out while in the dark right when I need to see them to push the correct one.

The wifi sometimes gets stuck in a on/off loop. Have to pull batt to make it stop.

Tilt sensor stops working when rotating the phone screen at random. Have to pull batt.......

random volume level changes of ringer, alarms,,,

More later if I find more.

john5152

0 Likes