Droid 3--Cannot Change Wallpaper & Data Usage Widget
mfredeen

I have had my Driod 3 for about three months.  I have loved it so far.  However, I recently experienced a few issues.  They are as follows:

1.  I noticed one day, for no apparent reason, that my wallpaper was automatically changed to the default wallpaper.  I tried to change it back to my chosen wallpaper.  It would not let me.  It did allow me to change it to a live wallpaper.  Since I have change it to the live wallpaper, I have not been able to change it to anything. Not to other wallpaper, not to a photo from my gallery, not from a wallpaper app.  Nothing works.  It remains as the live wallpaper. 

2.  A few days ago, a got an automatic notification from Verizon saying the "New Data Usage widget is here!"  Great, I went in, played around with it a bit.  Saved it to my home page.  Now, I continue to get the notification.  And, I have not been able to find a way to turn off the notification.  It have been about three days now.

Any info on these two topics would be great appreciated and very helpful.

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Droid 3--Cannot Change Wallpaper & Data Usage Widget
Not applicable

mfredeen,

I'm glad you are enjoying your phone! The issue you are experiencing seems like fixable ones and I'm happy to help. Commonly these glitches are caused by an application conflict. I would like you to enable the safe mode on the device. This will run the phone without any Market apps getting in the way to see if it functions normal. Once in safe mode, try changing the wallpaper. The data widget will likely not work in safe mode, I would still go into Settings>Apps>Manage Apps to uninstall the app/update. If you have no trouble changing the wallpaper, I recommend removing any recently downloaded or updated applications. If you are not able to determine the root cause of the issues, a hard reset is necessary. 

Let me and the community know of your progress with these steps.

Thank you!

0 Likes