Droid 3 So Far
GaCop

Ordered a Droid 3 on July 7, had it overnighted. Had tried two Droid 2 Globals, but they had issues. I sent both of them back. The Droid 3 is a much much better performer, but the battery life so far is TERRIBLE. 5 hours so far with moderate use. They phone comes with an "extended" battery, but you sure can't tell it. I am hoping a few charge/discharge cycles will help, but if it doesn't, back it goes and I will be done with Motorola and Verizon for good. 

0 Likes
Re: Droid 3 So Far
bearone21
Legend

motorola recommends 6-8 hrs on 1st charge with the phone off.

i have always charged phones in the off position.

0 Likes
marqdave

Show me a smartphone whose battery life isn't terrible.  Durable smartphone batterries just haven't been invented yet.  I think the only solution / bandaid is to do what I'm about to do, and that's buy an Extended Battery.

:smileyhappy:

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend
mine's fine, actually got better with gb update.
0 Likes
leelongraines

I have a question. So Verizon gave a droid 3 as replacement phone or did you have to buy it?

0 Likes
mgerbasio
Enthusiast - Level 3

From what I've read on the Motorola forum, there is a problem with the phone:

https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/54254?tstart=0

It sounds like it can be fixed with a software update but that probably won't happen for weeks at best. I was on the fence between the D3 and waiting for the Bionic so reading about this problem, I'm just going to wait.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Gacop Wrote:

Ordered a Droid 3 on July 7, had it overnighted. Had tried two Droid 2 Globals, but they had issues. I sent both of them back. The Droid 3 is a much much better performer, but the battery life so far is TERRIBLE. 5 hours so far with moderate use. They phone comes with an "extended" battery, but you sure can't tell it. I am hoping a few charge/discharge cycles will help, but if it doesn't, back it goes and I will be done with Motorola and Verizon for good.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ga:   you can't expect that battery to give you more inless you condition it.  Shut the D3 off an an charge it for 10 or 12 hours no playing with it.  an charge it with the charger that came with not the computer if you have one .

Once charged run it till it's almost dead shut it down an again another 10 to 12 hours

One other thing since its a World phone see if there is a setting to shut off that Gsm Radio. You don't need it as you not over sees so shut it off an that should help you battery life alittle. 

An one other thing alott contribitors on here are using a app called Task Pannel: its by Next App.Inc. give it a try There's a free or Paid version availible  an one thing you might check you Display Brightness i've got mine set on my X at Zero an that's helped me

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

GaCop wrote:

This phone DOES NOT come with an extended battery.  It's the same one that's in the Droid X, and Droid X2.  :smileyhappy:

0 Likes