Droid 3 Software Update...Coming Soon
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

For all Droid 3 owners, a software update is coming soon.  For more information about the update and the improvements it will bring, go to http://www.androidcentral.com/motorola-droid-3-getting-sizable-update-not-ics for details.  To update you software, follow these instructions:

http://support.verizonwireless.com/pdf/system_update/droid_3_instructions.pdf

Doc

Tags (1)
Re: Droid 3 Software Update...Coming Soon
ontheroad
Contributor - Level 1

Isn't that the update from last September?

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

I am so sorry for posting the wrong link.  The update is 5.7.906.XT862.Verizon.en.us.  I fixed the links in the prior post.

Sorry for the mixup.

Doc

0 Likes
ontheroad
Contributor - Level 1

Absolutely no apology needed - thank you for sharing the info!

0 Likes
rnurse144

I read the update was released May 8 2012, but as of today my Droid 3 is telling me check for update is not available at this time, I am thinking this means the update is not available in my area yet. Anyone have any idea when this update will be ready to download.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

As far as I know, it should be available by now for all Droid 3 users.  You may try removing the back cover and pulling the battery and then restarting.  Then go to settings and click on About Phone and see if it shows up for you. 

The system version is 5.7.906.XT862.Verizon.en.US and seems to be mostly software changes.  The only visible change I could find was the Emergency Alerts icon listed in the apps.  It doesn't seem to be anything "Earth-shattering" as far as I can see. 

Doc

0 Likes
fischerms80
Enthusiast - Level 2

Enjoy the 906 update - NO ICE CREAM SANDWICH for you (You can thank Verizon for that one...) . 906 seems to be an improvement.

0 Likes
ontheroad
Contributor - Level 1

I received the Droid 3 update about 5 days ago.  We are on the West Coast.

0 Likes
JBHall2012
Enthusiast - Level 3

Boy, what a lot of effort to get the update.  I had to reboot my phone four times (also removing the battery each time and counting to 30) before I finally got the notification there was an update to download.  I had to manually initiate the update as I never received a notice from the server that there was an update available.

I highly recommend that you plug in your phone and turn on Wi-Fi so that the download goes quicker (you are downloading around 230MB after all).  Verizon states in their PDF it could take one to two hours to download over 3G, which is really funny since they do not allow any applications to be downloaded over 3G, you must use Wi-Fi and applications are WAY smaller than 230MB.  Using Wi-Fi, the update takes around 15 minutes to download.

0 Likes
daniwink13

I still haven't gotten the update. I've pulled the battery. Checked for updates. Etc. Any suggestions? Thanks!

0 Likes