Droid 3 turns itself back on after power off
joejoeq1

Hello

My droid 3 was turning on after shutting it down. After troubleshooting with Motorola and Verizon I got a replacement phone. Now the replacement phone is doing the same thing and now I am furious because there is no fix for it. This will be my last Motorola cell phone. I am very unhappy with this phone. Not happy with the volume as well, not as good as the original droid.

0 Likes
Re: Droid 3 turns itself back on after power off
B33
Legend

@ joejoeq1:

Sounds like you have the Gingerbread turn off back on bug in you phone this is noted an has occured all the way back to Jully were it appeared in the Droid X. an i'm the owner of one. And on my Incredible since the Ginger update has done the same thing So we can add the Droid 3 to the mix of phones with this issue. Welcome to the Party :smileyhappy: an untill Moto decides to fix the issue you'll have to get use to it like all of the rest of us has had to Do. 

An welcome to the Droid Forums: B33

0 Likes
Not applicable

Joejoeq1, welcome to the community, I appreciate you sharing your concerns. Thanks B33 for your feedback. 

This issue has been reported by others and our product team is still working with Motorola on a software fix to resolve this issue. Once available, the software fix will be pushed to your device.  

0 Likes
joejoeq1

Hello

I have had a lot of problems with my droid 3 phones. I have been getting the run around with verizon. I had a supervisor say he can upgrade me to a 4 g phone for my inconvience. Well I went with the offer and it elevated past 3 supervisors, a manager and back to a supervisor for a promised upgrade without charges and thought it was all set and Verizon just pulled the plug on the offer. talk about customer service. So I want Verizon to give me 2 new 4 g phones to replace the troubled Droid 3  and now its a broker promise. So, Verizon cannot stick to an offer will mean I cannot stay with Verizon in the future.

Buyer Beware Droid 3 is a problem phone. Pull battery and do a data factory reset everyday to make phone work correctly.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Joejoeq1, I understand your frustration over this issue. Again, our product team is working on software to stop the phone from turning back on after it has been turned off. If it is urgent that the phone is kept off, you can pull the battery until this issue is resolved. Also, powering off, waiting a minute then powering back on/off again seems to stop the phone from powering back on. The warranty for the device would cover the same model. We cannot make an exception to send out a 4G device unless you have a line that is currently eligible for upgrade. If you are having other issues with your device, please share so that we may troubleshoot those issues. 

0 Likes
joejoeq1

Droid 3 problems

internet locks up a lot even after clearing cache

screen has weird display problems

phone will lock up either when on or in sleep mode, battery pull and restart to fix

phone will just reboot at will

turns back on after turning off

not getting calls, calls not going through

This is without downloading any apps. I am finished with battery pulls and data factory resets.This has aggrivated me to the point where I just activated my original droid and now feel I wasted money on my droid 3's.

0 Likes