Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Droid 4 ICS "update"
Threetall

After the ICS "update":

My phone worked well for a bit after three factory resets. But its getting steadily worse again. I cant answer calls. The connection doesn't complete on my end (kinda like simplex).

I have to reboot often. The rule seems to be reboot after using an app for awhile. The phone would be slow to non-reponsive until I reboot. I reboot near 20 times a day and I tell people to text me if they can.

I still believe that giving me less than new phone because of bad software is a bad answer. The problem started immediately after the ICS update. Simple troubleshooting step is "Whats new?". Its not hardware.

This will be my last Verizon phone. If I could get out now I would but I'm in for 1.5 years unless I want to pay the penalty.

My solution is that I am documenting each incident(reboot, freeze, reset). Eventually i will be reporting each and every incident here, and on their Facebook presence. Until they release me from the contract I will become a rash on their system.

They trashed my Droid 2 with an update and then they trashed my new Droid 4. Never again. The drove me to Apple/AT&T

0 Likes
Re: Droid 4 ICS "update"
silver6056

If you have done all those factory resets, and the phone worked well before, unless you haven't downloaded any apps,  it must be that one of your apps isn't working well with ICS.  If you have a lot of apps, it can be a pain to work out which one (standard approach is after a factory reset, don't auto-restore the apps but download them, one-by-one, from the Play Store, downloading the next only once you have had a good experience with the previous ones.)

Might be easier to be a "rash on their system"....

0 Likes
Threetall

After the second reset I went a few days sans apps. I actually use very few apps that are not part of the IOS and I never use an app that replaces one from the IOS. The phone definitely has answering issues. Bluetooth is hit or miss. If I do some texting and then make a call the phone will lock up. Forget it if Im doing anything and receive a call. I get notice of the incoming call but cannot answer it.

I slept in today but I expect to be making my first reboot report in an hour.

0 Likes
silver6056

Threetall wrote:

After the second reset I went a few days sans apps. I actually use very few apps that are not part of the IOS and I never use an app that replaces one from the IOS.

Ah, there's the problem, you shouldn't be loading stuff from IOS!

(Sorry, couldn't help myself)

0 Likes
Threetall

oh man that was too easy.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

@Threetall - I also recommend removing your memory card as well, as you may have some applications that are saved there. These would populate automatically on to your phone. So it would be best to start completely fresh after the wipe.

It has been a bit since you initially reached out to the community, Threetall. Has there been any improvement since your last post?

Let us know!

Thank you everyone.

NicandroN_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes