Droid 4 screen freaking out.
jasonsd22

I have seen other posts about this problem, but can't seem to fix it. I don't see an area for Droid 4 phones so I'm posting it here.

The screen on my Droid 4 freaks out. It's gotten so bad that it doesn't work more then it works. If I'm trying to read a book on my phone, it will flip thru the pages on it's own, if I'm trying to make a call, it'll flip thru the contact list and make a random call, if I'm on the phone it'll make a second call, if I'm on the home screen it'll flip to different screens, the screen will stop responding too, so I'll have to turn the screen off, then back on. It's really frustrating. It takes me about 3 minutes to make a call. The phone is pretty much stock since I tried resetting it. It was even doing it right from the reset before I installed any programs. I can't afford a new phone so right now I'm just living with it, hopefully I don't have to use it for any emergencies or I would be screwed.

I read suggestions like resetting, or that it might be humidity. I did the reset, I'm in Arizona so I don't think it's a humidity issue.

The phone was fine, until I charged it one night and when I took it off the charger it was kind off hot and it wouldn't turn on, had to do a hard reset. The screen freaking out started pretty soon after that but I don't know if that had anything to do with it. I read different posts elsewhere for the same issues, so I think it's probably more a software issue than a hardware issue but don't really know.

Anyone know how to fix it?

0 Likes
Re: Droid 4 screen freaking out.
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Could it be due to an app recently installed?  Sometimes a poorly coded app will cause weird behavior.  You can try uninstalling any recently installed apps to see if it gets better.

Is the phone still under warranty?  I would take it to a corporate store and see if they can help.  It sounds like you've tried a reset and it hasn't helped - so a warranty replacement may be an option.

0 Likes
Re: Droid 4 screen freaking out.
JasonSD

Thanks for the reply, but I reset the phone like it was when I got it, with no apps installed and it was still doing it right from the start.

I pulled the sim card and memory card out and wiped the contacts off and it has been running ok for the last day, hopefully it keeps up.

0 Likes