Droid Charge power cycles and wont fully turn on..
Adam_Rachele

So my Droid Charge yesterday started being SOO slow then, it would turn itself off and on.. Now if I try to turn it on. It just sits at the droid symbol like it does while it's turning on before it gets to the lock screen.. Would anyone have a single clue how to restart a Droid Charge without being able to see anything on the screen? I can't afford to but another phone and apparently when I got my phone, they didn't have the insurance that would replace my phone with a new  phone, I do have insurance but it's only the kind that I have to pay 100.00 and shipping to get a new one. I honestly think since he replacement warranty type of insurance wasn't available at the time I started my contract and the only way to get the correct type of warranty and insurance, had to be at sign up..yet obviously I didn't have the option to do that, shouldn't I be replaced with another phone anyway? Why be punished for something I didn't have an option for!!!

0 Likes
Re: Droid Charge power cycles and wont fully turn on..
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good afternoon Adam&Rachele!

Sounds like we need to get your Droid Charge back in the game. And hey, we've got just the steps on our end to make that happen.

Of course, I'm terribly sorry to learn of the sudden malfunction. So, let's jump right in. First, have you tried removing the battery and then power back on? If not, please do so. Now, let's say you still end up at the DROID symbol, well let's process an alternate reset by holding the volume down key and power key simultaneously for up to 30 seconds. If that doesn't work, an alternate hard reset may be required http://vz.to/w21WpW before we look into a replacement. Please keep us in the loop on how this goes.

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Adam_Rachele

I've had a tech at the store look at it and its done for. And apparently when I signed up with Verizon they weren't offering the insurance that covered the cost of a new phone in the store. So I pay insurance but it doesnt help anything and science I wasn't able to get the insurance that covered what I needed because that form of insurance was not available. I have to suffer for something that I can't help. So I'm not too happy at the moment

0 Likes
CesarTheTyrant

Same thing just happened to today. I had my phone for two years. Contract ended yesterday and now phone does everything you just explained.(Funny that it happened RIGHT after my contract ended) I was using my phone fine in the morning and a couple of hours later... gone. Just like you explained it started off slow and the touch screen was lagging starting about a week ago. Hopefully we can get this resolved because I did like the phone. Until recently.

0 Likes