Droid Global keeps locking
winaname1

I've got a Droid 2 Global -  last time I updated my software 4.3.3  (about 3 months ago) I started having a problem keeping my phone on -  I use the touchscreen to unlock it and it will immediately lock back - I have set the time out to all the settings with no change.   It does not do this on a consistent basis.  There are days when I don't have this problem then there are times I can't answer the phone, send a text or take a pic because it keeps locking.   This is very frustrating.  It also goes from 3g to 1x for no reason.  My phone worked good until I downloaded the new software.  Anyone else experiencing this problem and if so, how did you fix it?  Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Droid Global keeps locking
Not applicable

winaname1,

I know this would be a frustrating situation to be in and I'm happy to provide some relief for you. Since we know this has been happening since the latest software update, we can determine its not an application causing this issue. Not necessarily at least, as the application may now not be compatible with the software of the device. What I recommend doing is backing up your information to Google/Gmail then performing a hard reset to return the phone to factory settings. After the device walks you through the on-screen activation, begin to slowly re-add the applications from the Market to ensure you don't restore any corrupt apps. If these steps have not resolved the issue, please send me a direct message for further assistance.

Thank you!

AdamE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes