Droid Incredible - HTC Flashscreen and Loading Anytime Home Screen Is Selected
SPS007
Enthusiast - Level 1

On my Droid Incredible, anytime I return to the Home Screen, the white HTC flashscreen appears, then switches to a "loading..." box before the Home Screen appears.  This occurs whether I select Home Screen or use the back arrow to close an app.  Here is the software information:

Android Version:  2.3.4

Baseband Version:  2.14.10.07.07

Kernel Version:  2.6.35.13-g03546aa

Software Number:  4.08.605.

My available Phone memory is 393MB

My Application data storage is Total - 149MB, Available - 42.9MB

I can't tie it to any app load or update.  It seems to have started after the Android update to 2.3.4.

Any idea what might be causing this and how to eliminate it?

Is there any way to identify the date on which apps were loaded or updated so that I could work backwards removing them until I find the offending app, if it is an app?

Thanks for any help.

0 Likes
Re: Droid Incredible - HTC Flashscreen and Loading Anytime Home Screen Is Selected
armpitt212

I've been having the same issue since the new update. Used to be only once in awhile, but now it seems like its everytime. I've been told that its the HTC Sense failing, so its not tied to any apps. Not sure how to fix it, still trying to find a solution.

0 Likes
Re: Droid Incredible - HTC Flashscreen and Loading Anytime Home Screen Is Selected
ae89194

Ah, I had this exact same problem!  Sooooo annoying!  Have also had the issue since the last major update.  Had some Christmas carolers come and knock on the door the other night and was trying to get a picture of them.  By the time the annoying loading screen went away and I got the camera app up, the song was over.:smileymad:

Anyhow....  I was researching the issue and someone mentioned somthing about a widget app they had on their phone.  I didn't use that particular app, but it did get me thinking.  I started removing the widgets I had on my home screens.  One of the widgets I had seemed to have another widget running behind it (don't know how to describe it differently).  I removed both widgets (happened to be the HTC music widget and the power widget) and the loading screen issue seems to have dissappeared.  I would recommend removing widgets on the home screens (I'm sure you can add them back without problems) and see if that resolves the issue.  If it does, please be sure to update this forum.

Good luck!

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Good morning SPS007,

May I ask have you tried the recommendation that ae89194 posted above? If not then it's worth a try. If that doesn't resolve the issues then I would recommend a factory reset. I have provided a link below on how to complete a reset on the Droid Incredible. 

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=30946

As always, I encourage that you back up all of your contacts prior to the factory reset. Backup Assistant is an excellent option, as well as your Gmail account, to archive your phonebook. Once the reset has been completed, I recommend setting up all the accounts that you frequently use to during the device tutorial. After the setup is complete then retry the screen for functionality. If you are still having this issue then please reply to this message with your findings.

Thank you...

0 Likes
SPS007
Enthusiast - Level 1

I might have solved my issue (more likely, figured out how to avoid my issue).  Since I am reluctant to go through the factory reset experience I opted to pursue a similar effort suggested by ae89194 (thank you).

After removing all widgets and re-applying them one at a time I did not really find an offending widget (the issue temporarily cleared, but then returned).

However, after experimenting more, I removed my HTC Time widget (I have the one that also presents the weather) from the Home Screen and moved it to an empty screen, the problem appears to have been resolved.  Now, I have no widgets on my Home Screen, only App shortcuts.

I hope that this resolves the issue (but, like I have said I am really just avoiding it).  If the problem returns I will update my post.

UPDATE:  No luck.  I evaded the problem for a short period time, but it found me again..although less frequently.

mattyshore
Contributor - Level 1

Why is anytime there a problem with this phone no one has an answer to fix? Verizon and HTC always resort to factory reset as the solution instead of trying to find out why this happens. So again why do you not figure out what the problem is instead of making us reset the phone?

0 Likes