Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Droid Mini Use in Europe
sprigle

I would like to set the proper settings for my trip to Europe; my plan is to disable data except for when wifi is available but to allow text and calls to come in;  this information is not stated at all in the manual; My assumption is that under mobile network settings:

Preferred Network mode= Global

Data enabled= 'not checked'

Deny data roaming access

what else do i have to do to allow data when wifi is connected? the is a "Mobile data" button under "data usage" but I do not know how that plays into this equation

thanks for any tips- i actually searched and searched for this information

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Droid Mini Use in Europe
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hey there, sprigle! I congratulate you on the European trip. I hope you have a blast! Thanks so much for reaching out about your roaming options. I know from experience that it is always best to know what the costs will be from taking a wireless device out of its home area.

Disabling "Mobile data" is the best way to prevent the device from inadvertently connecting to a roaming network. Also, you can enable WiFi when you are ready to connect to a local WiFi source without having to re-enable "Mobile data".

In the event you do find a need to connect (in the absence of WiFi), you can review cost options at this link: http://vz.to/17KseUf. Be safe, and enjoy your trip!

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Droid Mini Use in Europe
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hey there, sprigle! I congratulate you on the European trip. I hope you have a blast! Thanks so much for reaching out about your roaming options. I know from experience that it is always best to know what the costs will be from taking a wireless device out of its home area.

Disabling "Mobile data" is the best way to prevent the device from inadvertently connecting to a roaming network. Also, you can enable WiFi when you are ready to connect to a local WiFi source without having to re-enable "Mobile data".

In the event you do find a need to connect (in the absence of WiFi), you can review cost options at this link: http://vz.to/17KseUf. Be safe, and enjoy your trip!

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes