Droid Multimedia Station - Dock weather
ricka2

Please be aware that theweather on the Droid Mulitmedia Station dock does not work.  According to Motorola, the weather is not supported in the United States, only Canada and South America.  All other functions on the dock appear to work.

The weather may be fixed but Verizon Wireless gave no estimated date for resolution.  Motorola will not support any questions relating to this dock.

Appears you either with to have the fix implemented for the United States or return the unit to Verizon Wireless for refund.

0 Likes
Re: Droid Multimedia Station - Dock weather
geraldoh

Thanks.  Explains why I couldn't get mine to work this am.  Also does not fit in the dock with the official Droid hard case for us clumsy people.

0 Likes
PPC_Dude
Contributor - Level 2

ricka2 wrote:

Please be aware that theweather on the Droid Mulitmedia Station dock does not work.  According to Motorola, the weather is not supported in the United States, only Canada and South America.  All other functions on the dock appear to work.

The weather may be fixed but Verizon Wireless gave no estimated date for resolution.  Motorola will not support any questions relating to this dock.

Appears you either with to have the fix implemented for the United States or return the unit to Verizon Wireless for refund.

Last time i checked, the weather worked fine on my Droid multimedia dock.  I didn't actually look at it this morning, but I do most mornings and has worked fine.  I have seen it display "No Data" at times, but only occasionally.  I have had mine since 11/6 and have not heard any other complaints until now.

0 Likes
sully78

I have mine in front of me at work and it is working fine. I'm in NJ and have had no issue and I got the update 2 days ago.

0 Likes
ricka2

The issue was resolved this morning by accuweather.com ---their widget feed was down and created the weather problem on the dock/station.  

reference only ---not a motorola droid problem or a verizon wireless problem.. great to know it was the provider of the widget. 

0 Likes
talkdj
Enthusiast - Level 2

Before the update to 2.01, the weather would show up every once in a while when using the dock.  The only way to get it to work was to reboot the phone.  After update it stopped working completely.  Now it's working for me.  Thanks for the update, as I didn't want to return to Verizon anyway.

0 Likes
sean82tf

Weather shows up, but it does not update frequently enough for me.  It reads 60 degrees, but the actual temp in my area is 70 degrees when check the same location on weather.com.  Turned the function off.

0 Likes