Droid Pro - Error/Activity Messages
dawnmarie0129
Enthusiast - Level 2

When texting today I keep receiving the following activity message:

SORRY!

Activity Text Messaging (in application Text Messaging) is not responding.  Force Close  Wait

I have also received similar messages lately while playing games, searching contacts, trying to get back to the home screen etc.  The message will then change from Text Messaging to Contacts or games, etc.

Also while texting the phone is freezing/locking up - my spell check then gets stuck on the bottom of my screen.  Then the activity message comes back and the phone freezes.

Please help!!

Thanks!!!

0 Likes
Re: Droid Pro - Error/Activity Messages
chamberscreek
Enthusiast - Level 2

We have exactly the same problem with our Droid Pro.  We replaced our first, thinking it might be a HW issue, and it worked great for a few weeks.  Now, it has started again.  Very frustrating and disappointing.  

KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

dawnmarie0129 and community, this is definitely an issue that  you should not have to deal with. Text messaging is an important function on a mobile phone, so I understand your concern. Try going to application settings and clear multi-touch data. This worked for some customers while were working on a permanent fix. I also recommend clearing the data for the  keyboard in Settings > Applications > All. 

If you continue to have issues the last suggestion would be to perform a factory reset. I have listed the steps below:

Note: Performing a hard reset will remove ALL data including the Google account, system data, application data, application settings, and downloaded applications.

1.   From the home screen, select the App menu.multitouch
  2. Select Settings.
    Note If the application icon is missing, select App menu filter (located at the top) then select All apps.

3. Select Privacy.

4. From the Personal data section, select Factory Data Reset.

5. Select Reset phone.
    Note If presented, enter the current passcode or draw the unlock pattern.

6. Select Erase Everything.
    Note Allow up to 3 minutes for the factory data reset and reboot processes to complete.

7. Perform initial activation.

0 Likes
dukester

I cannot seem to figure out how to do any of the things you've listed above. My Droid Pro has also been acting up for days. It freezes constantly and I get the same error message when trying to text. (Activity Text Messaging (in application Text Messaging) is not responding.  Force Close  Wait)

This morning we had snow on my way to work and there were accidents everywhere. I was stuck in a line of traffic and I tried to call my work but my phone kept freezing up and I had to power it down and wait for it to reboot. This is very frustrating and I am willing to do any of the things listed above, but I can't seem to find them on my phone. (I am not very techy.)

I can find something that says multi-touch data under applications but nothing that prompts me to clear it. When I go to settings then apllications, I do not see anything that says "All" either.

Even with doing a system reset, none of the above are options that I have found in my phone. Do you have any other suggestions? I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Please help! Thank you!

0 Likes
dawnmarie0129
Enthusiast - Level 2

I eventually ended up resetting the phone - so far so good....Now to get

back all the cool apps that I had downloaded....

Dawn Marie

On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 4:46 PM, KinquanaH_VZW <community@verizonwireless.com

0 Likes
dawnmarie0129
Enthusiast - Level 2

I spoke too soon!!! It's doing it again!

Please help!!!!

I really do NOT want to have to reset the phone again!!

Dawn Marie

On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 4:46 PM, KinquanaH_VZW <community@verizonwireless.com

mln1207
Enthusiast - Level 1

HI, I too have this issue and now I am on my 2nd phone and the issue came up within a week of me receiving it. On my old Droid I could at least text if I didn't use the space bar and put periods between each word, That got very old quick so with hoping the new phone I received would be the fix it clearly isn't. Im not sure what to do at this point. Completing a factory reset every time is time consuming and I am not due for an upgrade. I not only use personal messaging but need keyboard for work emails as well through my phone. I need this remedied.

Please advise...

Melissa

0 Likes
chamberscreek
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, we're on phone #3 and it has started again on that one, despite installing minimal apps.  This is a bug, plain and simple.  Calling Verizon now...

0 Likes
detroitjames
Enthusiast - Level 3

Go buy a lottery ticket if you think you received three defective phones, because the chances of that happening are slim to none. What do you think the common denominator is???

0 Likes
chamberscreek
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, I don't think any of the phones are defective -- think this is an Android issue (though it seems to be prevalent on Droids vs other Android vendors).  There are a number of references to the keyboard service going nuts and/or locking up (com.android.inputmethod.latin), and my suspicion is that these may be related.  Unfortunately for us, the folks in the Verizon stores are no help (other than to keep giving us new phones).  Spent 30 minutes on the phone with Verizon, got through the Idiot Screen, then the tech basically told me to Factory Reset again -- said she totally wipes her own Android phone once a month at least (not much comfort there).  They still want to point to an app we installed, despite the fact that 1) with this latest phone, we've installed maybe 3 apps that have been on the previous phone, and two of those are Google apps. 2) all the crashes seem to happen with core Android apps (primarily the Text Messaging app).  Don't even have things like Facebook installed.

Called Motorola as well -- they offered to look at the phone if we mailed it in, but weren't much help either -- suggested that, since MOST of the crashes happen in the Text Messaging app, we should try a 3rd party texting app for a while.  Sigh.  I am extremely disappointed with Verizon, Motorola, and Android at this point.

Our other smart phone is an iPhone, and I have never ever ever ever ever seen this kind of behavior, with far heavier usage and app installs. 

0 Likes