Droid Screen Dead, Trying to Switch to Old Phone
RMadness162

Greetings, after some time of struggling my droid has finally croaked. Turns on but no touch response. If there wasn't so much else wrong with it I'd just fix the screen. Anyway, I tried to switch back to my old phone but it said I had to change my data plan. Right now I'm still under the $30 unlimited. I was planning on preordering the galaxy and suffering with this old enV. My question is whether or not I can keep the unlimited with the galaxy. Also,will the plan I pick for this old phone be the plan I get on galaxy?

0 Likes
Re: Droid Screen Dead, Trying to Switch to Old Phone
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Can you borrow an old smartphone from someone instead? The data plan for a multimedia phone like the EnV is different from a smartphone plan. When you activate the EnV, it will change this feature and you will not be able to get back your unlimited smartphone plan.

Some customers have said they've been able to get their old plan back within 14 days (the worry-free guarantee period when you buy a new phone), but that is no promise. I'd hate to see you lose it.

0 Likes
RMadness162

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I don't know anyone I can get a smartphone from. At least no one I can contact without my phone. I think I'll just bite the bullet and give up the unlimited. Aren't they no longer offering it on purchases past the 28th anyway?

0 Likes
RMadness162

Ha in what must have been my 20th attempt today, which was also my final attempt before switching to old school, my touch screen miraculously worked. Now it's only a matter of time before its out again

0 Likes
Re: Droid Screen Dead, Trying to Switch
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RMadness162,

If you preordered the Galaxy SIII before June 28th you would be allowed to keep your unlimited data plan.

John B

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes