Droid Sync has Sunk
benf101

HTC Droid Eris

Droid Version 2.1

My email sync does not push anymore.  I've checked all settings, turned them off and back on, and tried everything else on other forums that I could find.

Ever since it updated to droid OS 2.1, the sync does not work automatically.  Email and calendar are affected.

Any solutions?

Tags (4)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid Sync has Sunk
Kimberly_Nicole
Contributor - Level 2

benf101 wrote:

HTC Droid Eris

Droid Version 2.1

My email sync does not push anymore.  I've checked all settings, turned them off and back on, and tried everything else on other forums that I could find.

Ever since it updated to droid OS 2.1, the sync does not work automatically.  Email and calendar are affected.

Any solutions?

Hi.  I understand that you are having issues with your email sync and I can certainly look into this for you.   Try to delete the email account and add it again.  I want you to then try to program your phone again by dialing *228 option 1 on your phone to see if that works.

If it does not, you may need to make sure that all of your contacts and information is saved in your Gmail and then do a complete reset on your device.

Please let me know if this works  :smileywink:

Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Kimberly_Nicole
Contributor - Level 2

benf101 wrote:

HTC Droid Eris

Droid Version 2.1

Any solutions?

Hi.  I understand that you are having issues with your email sync and I can certainly look into this for you.   Try to delete the email account and add it again.  I want you to then try to program your phone again by dialing *228 option 1 on your phone to see if that works.

If it does not, you may need to make sure that all of your contacts and information is saved in your Gmail and then do a complete reset on your device.

Please let me know if this works  :smileywink:

Thanks!

0 Likes
benf101

I did it.  I reset the device to factory condition and clobbered all my apps.  Unfortunately, email is still not instant.

Now what does one do?

0 Likes
benf101

It looks like that did fix it.  I'm not sure why I was skeptical at first... My email is (nearly) instant, my calendar updates in both directions, online to phone, and phone to online.

Thanks.

0 Likes