Droid Ultra: Messaging stops; won't send images, long receive time...
RGilbert
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had hoped with the update this problem would go away, but... no dice.
FREQUENTLY I get the messaging stopped error. Most often when trying to send a picture, but not always.
Often when I try to send a picture-to another verizon phone on my account-messaging will either stop or the picture takes hours to days to send. I can't delete the message to stop it from trying to send.
I've had a similar problem receiving picture messages. My notifications will show that there is an unread message, but there is nothing there for hours. Then out of the blue a picture message will finally show up.
I've tried a reset (power and volume down) as the guy in the verizon store told me to do.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid Ultra: Messaging stops; won't send images, long receive time...
linds_pang
Enthusiast - Level 2

I ended up doing a factory reset and did not restore my settings - am able to receive picture messages so far. I did notice my system updates appeared to not have been updated, but when I would click to update, I got a notification that I was (in fact) up to date. I also saw an 'update deferred' message. Since the hard reset everything looks and is working well.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

View solution in original post

0 Likes
RGilbert
Enthusiast - Level 2

Images containing private info (full names) remove as required by the

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I regret to learn of the issues when sending a message, RGilbert! Does this happen while on WiFi? If so, turn off WiFi and test it out with the Mobile Network. Did you try to test out the messaging in safe mode? If not, here is how: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/83030/

Test out and let us know how it goes.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jplotstein
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had the exact same problem since the recent Verizon update v4.4 19.6.3 for droid maxx. It will take 10 attempts to  successfully open a picture message before the app force closes. My next step will be deleting all my messages (although my old iPhone would keep messages forever!)   Really hope this gets fixed soon

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to learn you are having this same issue, jplotstein. When you are trying to open a picture message is your Wi-Fi set to off? Please try clearing the cache by going to Settings>Apps>All>Messages and select Clear Cache. Let us know if you notice improvement.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ohioguy4u
Enthusiast - Level 2

Clearing the cache does not work!!! when are you going to address the kit kat issue mine was working fine till this update!!!!

linds_pang
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also having this problem since the update. Showing messages in the notification bar but when I open there's nothing there. Have had test picture messages sent from iPhone and android and can't receive either although the notification makes it appear as though they are waiting to be opened. Have cleared cache, have turned off WiFi, have tried changing settings. Even if turning off WiFi worked that is not a long term fix - I am not going to manually turn it on when I need it. Need a fix please!!

lee1derful
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is not a wifi issue it has been happening since the update VERIZON this needs to be addressed it is interfering with my work

cheetah15
Contributor - Level 1

hi linds_pang. You have to make sure that your "Data" is on <settings>data usage> toggle "on" in order to send/receive mms messages. It will not work over wifi

0 Likes
cheetah15
Contributor - Level 1

This is not a VZW issue this is a Motorola issue.

1) settings/apps/all......select messaging>disable<

2) Go to Play Store....Search >messaging classsic kitkat 4.4< .....Install

Once you have done this and you do not like it you may want to see my forum in search under

DROID "Notifications has stopped" process com.android.mms

0 Likes