Re: Droid Won't Turn On
ntwrks1

Had the same issue TWICE today.   Totally dead, dark screen, won't turn on.  This is Day 7 of my Droid.  Just started happening today.   This sucks.  I do still get the Droid eye when I boot up.

0 Likes
DMacRae

My Droid just did this today. It shut itself off and won't turn on.  I removed the battery and put it back in several times, nothing.

0 Likes
jillben

My Droid also would not turn on. Left it charging overnight and it was fine when I left it, but would not turn on in the am. This is day 4 of ownership. Thanks to this forum, I re-seated battery and it came on. whew. Posting this so we can accumulate evidence that this may be a common problem.

0 Likes
HBVZ

Had the same problem after having the Droid for a few days.  Brought it to the Verizon store and they reseated the battery and it rebooted, but they weren't too happy with that as a fix and just gave me a replacement phone.  New phone just did it again.  I reseated battery and all is fine for now.  Curious if others who have had this issue have their phones in a case.  I'm using a Body Glove.  I did read a post where someone said their battery felt hot when they reseated (though I didn't notice it with mine).

0 Likes
pecula00

this happened to me today.  i had the phone since 11/9 and this is the first time it happened.  took it out of the holster and it was off.  90% battery left.  i had to take out the battery and put it back in.  all is well now.  i hope this does not start to happen often.

0 Likes
mikhaels

Thanks for this thread. My phone would not turn on this morning. I charged it overnight on the Dock. After reseating the battery it powered up with 100% charge.

0 Likes
pbaude

I had similar problem.  Droid is three days old.  No problems.  Battery at +75% after full night of charging.  Phone used in morning.  Mid-morning phone would not turn on.  Several attempts were unsuccessful.  Had to strip off Body-Glove case, then battery cover, then remove battery and replace.  Now it appears to be working, although it has been "updating data" for the last hour.

0 Likes
maknyc

I've had my Droid for 6 days now and it just did this.  It was working fine when I left the house but by the time I made it to the office it was off and would not turn back on.  Thanks to those who posted how to handle the situation.  I was able to remove the battery and replace it and it seems to be working fine now.  Just concerned that so many people seem to be having this problem and how often will it happen?

0 Likes
pascalCase

I had the same problem today.  Phone was about 50% charged, and would not turn on at all.  Plugged it in with the charger, and it wouldn't do anything.  Couldn't even see that little white light that is usually there when the phone is charging.  Took it to the Verizon store, they took the battery out and put it back, and then it would turn on. 

I have 3 days left in my 30 day return policy, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do.  I thought it could be just my phone, but I see a lot of others have the same problem!

0 Likes
kditlev

Just had the same problem.  Taking the battery out worked.  

0 Likes