Droid X Camera... Can you mute the clicking sound when you take pictures?
AutoXRacer

Is there a way to mute the camera clicking sound when you take a picture...? Its pretty loud when you are in a quite place...

I'd like to take pictures without everyone knowing. And it still clicks when the ringer is on vibrate!!!

Thanks!!

0 Likes
Re: Droid X Camera... Can you mute the clicking sound when you take pictures?
Wildman
Legend

The alert made by carea is tied into the alarm volume, so the only way for you to disable is to turn the alarm volume all the way down (If you do not use alarm this shouldnt be a issue).  Goto Setting > Sound > Volume > Uncheck "Use Incoming Call Volume for Notification and then turn Alarm all the way down..

CAP201012071335.jpg..

If you do not want to have this turned down all the time, a work around counld be done with cVolume, with it you can place quick audio profile links on phone home screens and trigger it before using camera and then click another quick profile to switch all audios back to normal....

CAP201012071346.jpg+CAP201012071343.jpg

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Found a nice app to silence camera sound today that works perfectly, check out SilentSnap Free, it does what you want..

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

There are other Camera APPS out there you could try as well that have this option (to Silence).  I have Vignette ..  very nice app and it comes with that ability. You can try the FREE version to see if it suits your needs. I paid the cheap .99 for the full version as it has a LOT of configurable options.

good luck

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Cody I tried Vignette and Camera 360 since I updated to 2.2 and I noticed to stock app improved so much that the Vignette or Camera360 app wasn't as good, I hated to put a quality app like these away especially since I paid for the full version when I was 2.1 and the app was superior then but after 2.2 upgrade I just couldn't go back to the 3rd party apps.

Do you like the quality over stock?

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

NOTE:

I notice one thing about using SilentShot, when using the stock camera icon to start camera sometimes confuses the volume option and sound does not restore when camera is closed on its own but if you use the SilentShot icon I noticed that the volume mutes before camera opens and then reactivates when camera is closed.  So the best thing to do is use the SilentShot icon only to avoid confusion with notification alerts.

0 Likes
h2o
Enthusiast - Level 2
Wait for the new update, then the shutter sound will be the least of your problems.
0 Likes
AutoXRacer

What update!!???

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

h2o why you trying to start trouble? :smileyhappy: If you are talking about Gengerbread I dont plan to mess with it because 2.2.1 fixed all my miner issues and I have nothing to encourage me to step into a new unverified OS again.

0 Likes
h2o
Enthusiast - Level 2
Im running 2.2.1. Just got update a few days ago. My dx was rock solid until 3 days ago when I got the forced update. Nothing I've done and I have 3 dx and they all got the update within a 3 hr window and now they all have the exact same issues. We all run different apps, launcher, etc so its not a user issue.
0 Likes