Droid X battery will not stay charged for more than 5 minutes. Help
bdsutton

My Droid X will not hold a charge for more than 5 min. 1 phone call and the phone shuts down.

0 Likes
Re: Droid X battery will not stay charged for more than 5 minutes. Help
junior509
Contributor - Level 1

So are there any new apps that you recently download?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bdsutton,

No charge is no fun but I am sure we can get this fixed! Did you recently update the software or install any new apps on your device? Is your phone still covered under the one year manufacture warranty?

Thank you,

GeorgeP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
bdsutton

I have removed a lot of apps from the ph to help battery life. When I check e-mail (1 e-mail) ph dies imeadiatlly  after. Phone battery is original battery. Phone was purchased when Droid X first came out in Oct or Nov I think 2 1/2 years ago.

Is there a software update for the battery?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bdsutton,
Thanks so much for your inquiry! There hasn't been a software update for the Droid X since 2/16/12.
I would like for you to put the device in Safe Mode http://bit.ly/OAXCYh and then check your email to see if it still turns off.
Safe Mode temporarily disables all applications that have been installed via the Android Market. Performing this troubleshooting step is necessary to determine whether a 3rd party application is the cause of an Operating System / Application issue.
I want you to try that to see if there is something else affecting why the phone battery goes low only when you check email.

Tamara H.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes