Droid X sending and receive duplicate text/email
Kooshie
Contributor - Level 2

Hi all, I have been having an issue with my Droid X and recently the same issue on my husband's Droid 2.  Randomly I receive/send duplicate text/emails.  I'm talking the same text/email with the same time stamp.  I called customer support but basically they couldn't duplicate the issue and if they can't duplicate it they can't troubleshoot it.  I have read numerous other forums and see that some users are having the same issue.  I have read several different opinions on what could be the cause ranging from AT&T network, to Verizon's network or lack of service area for either end of the transmission.  So basically I'm hoping that someone here on the Verizon forums might have the same issue and can shed some light.:smileysad:

0 Likes
Re: Droid X sending and receive duplicate text/email
kidcounzlr

Hey are you using the default txt msgr or one from the market? I use to, cross my fingers, receive random txt that I sent or someone else had sent me out of the blue, but never with the emails??? After a while, I just reset my phone back to factory, and reloaded everything back to normal that was saved on my sd card…haven’t experienced it thus far again, but who knows…may or may not, LOL

0 Likes
Kooshie
Contributor - Level 2
I've got the stock msging, I was using the moto blur msging app but I removed it and I'm hoping that was the problem. I had a few different types of msging apps such as handcent, sms popup and I tried vlingo, so imnot sure if it is something that wasn't cleared out by uninstalling or app that I have currently installed. It is completely random and very frustrating.
0 Likes
kidcounzlr
What time do you wake up...lol, ok I'm using chomp sms which its nice! I never used the motoblur, so can't really give ya feedback, haha....as far as bluetoothgo, I have a thing for the ones that sit behind the ear vs the one that kinda dangle on ur ear...the lock code that I use is a pattern (that you have to draw to unlock) that locks when the screen goes off....
0 Likes
Kooshie
Contributor - Level 2
Im up around 5:30 since I start work at 7:30. I am seriously considering a master reset but I have read others still had this problem afterwards.
0 Likes
kidcounzlr
Do you use the back up assistance for ur contacts? I can't recall at the moment, but everything on my phone (apps/settings) are saved to my sd card, so me doing a reset means nothing, other than having to wait 5mins or so for it all to restore back to the phone.....sometimes its more the market apps than the phone, do it helps to use various ones or delete then before resetting ur phone....
0 Likes
Kooshie
Contributor - Level 2
I do, besides Google backs everything up also. Maybe I will give it a shot, once.
0 Likes
kidcounzlr
Ummm try using chomp from market prior to reset, see if it helps with the random txt appearing.....not much helps it other than removing the app or pulling the battery.....lol
0 Likes
jhaull

I am using the original Droid but having similar issues.  I have started receiving two of the exact same text message from everyone (including Verizon).  Sometimes they have the exact same time stamp and sometimes a minute apart.  I've been using the stock messaging program since day one with no prior issues.

Over the past couple of months, I've noticed I'll suddenly receive two or three texts all at once from different people.  Once every so often I think it's possible two different people send a text at nearly the same time but not several times a week.  Now, within the last couple of weeks I am receiving two of every text message.  Is Verizon toying around with the network trying to solve the original problem?  This is driving me crazy..Anyone discovered anything yet??

Regards, John

0 Likes
firstlady09
Contributor - Level 3

I would recommend for you to do a factory reset on the device to get this issue resolved. Here are the steps below. Be sure to back up your contacts and remove your sd card before performing the reset. 

• From the home screen, touch the applications tab (located at the bottom of the display).
  • Touch Settings.
  • Touch Privacy.
  • Touch Factory Data Reset.
  • Touch Reset Phone.
  • If presented, enter the current passcode or draw the unlock pattern.
  • Touch Erase Everything.

Here is a link for additional information on the factory reset http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=33552#preferred

0 Likes