Re: Droid X update to roll out tonight
gerelee
Enthusiast - Level 3

Breakthecycle2 wrote:

gerelee wrote:

i still have tmo but am trying out verizon. i had to leave the city, where tmo 3g speeds were unreal, and now i'm 15 miles from tmo 3g.......boo, hiss, not to mention once i get out of this area there is NO tmo coverage. so far i do like the droid x though verizon 3g pales compared to tmo's in manhattan. oh well :smileyhappy:

nice to see you here, surprised you didn't pick up the vibrant, wouldn't be worth it for me if i only have edge.

What was you name on the T-Mo boards?

I went out on a mission on the 15th..to get the Droid X, Vibrant and HD2 (again). I got everything but the Vibrant...I don't like it...at all.

glroze, lately was posting in the slide forum. i probably also posted in the G1 forums as i've had that phone since it was released.

maybe i'm glad i didn't get the vibrant, as i said, only running on edge would be a drag and there are a few omissions that i didn't like. couldn't stay away from the HD2 huh? oh yeah, i also used to post in that forum, though i only had that phone for 3 weeks.

0 Likes
Breakthecycle2

It's my second one...only for Android. It's so smooth now.

The phones I sold were: Three G1's, GSM and Sprint Hero, EVO, Mytouch, Cliq XT, HD2..etc etc etc..LOL. I have a bit of a problem.

0 Likes
gerelee
Enthusiast - Level 3

Breakthecycle2 wrote:

It's my second one...only for Android. It's so smooth now.

The phones I sold were: Three G1's, GSM and Sprint Hero, EVO, Mytouch, Cliq XT, HD2..etc etc etc..LOL. I have a bit of a problem.

lol, you don't want to know how many phones i have....maybe it's time to start selling some. i think i have at least 10 phones that i can still pop my tmo sim into and NOT low end phones....talk about problems, lol.

0 Likes
Breakthecycle2

Right now, I have the Droid, Droid X, Nexus and HD2

0 Likes
Spag

Installing update right now!

0 Likes
Eleven
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just checked manually for update and it was there...awesome..

0 Likes
TXDroidX

Installing.

0 Likes
Eleven
Enthusiast - Level 3

Now when they fix the Contact History issue...then we can all celebrate.....

0 Likes
splicer8
Enthusiast - Level 3

dsxdroider wrote:

You can read about what they will be fixing in the PDF files here:

http://support.vzw.com/system_update/droid_x.html

Roughly, something like:

- Improved battery charging status indicator.

- Smoother transition for camera and camcorder functions.

- Redesign of weather widget icons.

- Faster Exchange ActiveSync® email loading.

- Streamlined organization of newly downloaded applications.

- Organized favorite contacts by call count.

- Updated Bluetooth® connection for enhanced video sharing experience.

- Coordinated date and time across phone displays.

- Cleaner looking status bar for GPS symbol.

- Improved sync capabilities for 3G Mobile Hotspot.

- Faster Visual Voice Mail loading.

My big questions is whether this update will fix the volume problem by coding the phone to send more power to the phone speakers. For all you people who deny there is a volume problem, if you are happy with the volume, then that is great! However, so many people have reported volume problems that Verizon knows about and acknowledges this problem. The question is what and when they are going to do something about it. A Verizon app that provides extended/more control over the volume? Code (in a system update) that tells the phone to send more power to the speakers when the volume is turned up? Does anyone know? If so, please share.

I got the phone on friday and swapped it out (for other reasons) saturday and the volume on the 2nd phone seems way lower than the 1st phone. When I got the 1st phone I was thinking...wow this phone is really loud. Now...it's wow the volume sucks.

0 Likes
Damented

Just woke up and checked my phone and the update was waiting , downloading it now

0 Likes