Droid X2 2.3.4 OTA update does NOT install on my phone
litetaker

Hello,

Today, when I checked for software updates in the settings page of my Motorola Droid X2, it said the 1.3.380.en.US is ready to be applied. I downloaded it and clicked on install once download finished.

The phone reboots, shows the logo and the progress bar for installing the update and then shows an exclamatory mark. The progress bar also stops. Then the stupid phone reboots and when I unlock it, it says the update has failed.

This is unacceptable from a smartphone and I am already **bleep**. Firstly, the phone has 10's of issues (music stutters, etc.) and many people complained about it. And Motorola releases this update that is supposed to fix those issues. And now, the update does NOT even install. Why? Please let me know what I am doing wrong. Or is anyone else facing this issue? Do I have a bad phone and should I replace it?

Please help!

A very very frustrated Droid X2 owner.

0 Likes
Re: Droid X2 2.3.4 OTA update does NOT install on my phone
Cody21
Master - Level 2

I can't speak specifically to the DX2, as I have the original DX ... I assume you've tried a Battery Pull ??  Just power it down, remove the battery and leave it out for like 1 minute - reinsert & power up. See if it proceeds with the update ... if not, you'll likely have to do the factory Reset.  If you have data on your SD Card that you want to preserve make sure you don't select "Format SD Card" -- or just remove it entirely before starting the F.R. process.

If you take it to Verizon or call them, they will likely walk you through, or do, the factory Reset anyway .. And since you seem to have "10's" of issues, this might be the best path for you to take anyway ...  and in fact if it were ME, I would just bite the bullet, allow the Format of the SD Card, and be done with it ..  Of course you'll have to re-download all of your FREE apps after doing so.  And if you can't get the phone to boot up, that in itself can be a challenge because Market won't know about them after you do the F.R. 

So if you decide to do that, I would go ONLINE to MARKET and write down a list of all your Free Apps before starting the process.

Good luck ..

http://community.vzw.com/t5/DROID-X-by-Motorola/Factory-reset-the-what-why-and-how-for-Gingerbread/m...

0 Likes