Droid X2 Calls lock up and end, Then I receive a voicmail?
RIPCharge
Enthusiast - Level 3

So this has happened two times with my Droid X2, I'll be getting a call, I pull it out of my pocket, I slide to answer, I hear NOTHING and I mean NOTHING. I even put it on speaker phone the last time it happened. (half hour ago) The call will end. I put it back in my pocket thinking maybe it was the other line. (bad service or something) I had perfect signal each time this has happened keep in mind. A minute later I'll receive a voicemail when I clearly answered the phone and it ended! Does that make any sense? I called the person back and let them know that I DID answer the phone and it ended so why they didn't hear me? Only God knows. And how they kept hearing a ring and got to my voicemail? Only God knows...unless one of you smart people here know or have had a similar issue? Hope anyone can help with this issue I have come across. Thanks! :robothappy:

0 Likes
Re: Droid X2 Calls lock up and end, Then I receive a voicmail?
Cody21
Master - Level 2

I used to experieince that a couple times per week before getting GingerBread ...I wuold reboot the phone and all would be fine for a while ....   Haven't had the problem since GB though.

0 Likes
RIPCharge
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's odd. I am on the DX2 and on GB and have that issue. Wonder if anyone else has had this problem on the X2 since I been on numerous forums and I've seen no one else have this problem. Wondering if there is a fix for it too. My phone is flashed to the 2.3.4 BTW not OTA. (not rooted, flashed) I know speaking of root is against rules here but flashing is what Verizon or the manufacturers do before they send out LNR (like new replacements) If anyone has any info that can help from preventing this problem I would greatly appreciate it. Missing phone calls is a major issue since I pay large amounts of money monthly for my cell phone to give and recieve calls.

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

How old is your phone?  

0 Likes
RIPCharge
Enthusiast - Level 3

Good question. It's a LNR so I dont know the manufacturer date on it. I'll look into it. But i've had it since the end of September. I've swapped back n forth between this phone and the charge until I made my final decision which was this phone since I NEVER get data drops like I did on the Charge. It's only been activated for about 5-6 days and its happened one time since then and once in the previous times I had this phone activated. But I'll check on the Motorola site for the exact manufacturer date. Thanks for being the only one responding. I guess not too many people have either had or noticed this issue.

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

I guess my point was that if you just bought the phone (from Verizon?), you have a 14 day return policy.  After that and if less than 1 year, they will swap it with another LNR (CPO).  Other than the "typical" solutions, there's not much to offer for a solution other than it possibly being a hardware issue.

The typical solutions:

- Boot into SAFE MODE and run that way for a while just to rule out 3rd party apps that might be interferring.

- CLEAR SYSTEM CACHE

- FACTORY RESET (yes, again).

Sorry you're having that issue and hope you can get it solved or replaced.

0 Likes
Re: Droid X2 Calls lock up and end, Then I receive a voicemail?
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

, thanks for your input. RIPCharge, I know this type of issue can be frustrating especially when you’re expecting a call or receiving a return call from friends or family. I'm sorry to hear you’re having this type of problem with such a great phone. I researched your issue in more detail and found some customers had this issue with their Droid X2 and we found a similar issue was due to the proximity sensor not engaging while on call, and other varying user physical characteristics. It was found that some calls are being terminated as the end call button is inadvertently activated and that customers may be experiencing perceived dropped calls due to lack of far end audio or muting. The recommended solution is to press the power button after a call is established to enable the screensaver mode to prevent accidental call terminations due to lack of far end audio or muting..

The trouble shooting steps suggested by Cody21 are steps we would also advise to fix issues with the functionalities of your phone. I will list steps below to clear cache, to put the phone in safe mode, and to perform a factory reset..

Steps below to clear cache:

1. From a home screen, select App menu (located in the lower right).

2. Select Browser.

3. Select Menu.

4. Select More.

5. Select Settings.

Clear cache

1. Select Clear cache.
    Note Visited website content stored on the device. The cache enables the browser to download only the content that has changed since the last time a website was visited. Since the browser only downloads changed content, pages are loaded faster.

2. Select OK.

Clear History

1. Select Clear history.

Note A listing of URLs (website addresses) that have been recently visited.

2. Select OK.

Steps below to put phone in safe mode: Safe Mode temporarily disables all applications that have been installed via the Android Market. Performing this troubleshooting step can determine whether a 3rd party application is the cause of an Operating System / Application issue. .

To Enable Safe mode

1. Power the device off.
    Note Press and hold the Power button then select Power off.

2. Press and hold Menu.

3. Power the device on.
    Note Press and hold the Power button for 3-5 seconds.

4. Hold the Menu button until Safe mode appears (located in the lower left).

To disable safe mode

1. Power the device off.

Note Press and hold the Power button then select Power off.

To perform a factory reset: Performing a hard reset will remove ALL data including the Google account, system data, application data, application settings, and downloaded applications. 

1. From a home screen, select App menu (located in the lower right).

2. Select Settings.
    Note If the application icon is missing, select App menu filter (located at the top) then select All apps.

3. Select Privacy.

4. Select Factory Data Reset.

5. To clear all personal data, ensure Erase internal storage (media area) is enabled then select Reset Phone.
    Note Enabled when a check mark is present.
    Note If presented, enter the current passcode or draw the unlock pattern.

6. Select Erase Everything.

7. Perform initial activation setup process

0 Likes
RIPCharge
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you both for your inputs. I will try these later today as I am receiving a LNR due to many other issues with the phone. But it will be an X2 so I will follow these to prevent it from hopefully happening. I don't know if any issues have been known about when you are at the activation screen of the X2 with the "android guy" when I press him and proceed to activate I hear a consistent beeping in the background until the activation becomes unsuccessful. I've found a work around by "bypassing"  and hitting the adroid guy immediately gets me to the homescreen and I then call *228 and it THEN it works. I've youtubed this issue: http://youtu.be/x9qPY9ze44kThat will most likely be my first problem when the fedex guy drops this phone off. But I will inform anymore of these call issues if the arise again with this next one. Thanks again to the both of you.

0 Likes
RIPCharge
Enthusiast - Level 3

Though I have put in comment on the youtube video how to "bypass" this issue, I have yet again found ONE more way to "bypass" this issue as well. Press the emergancy call, when dial pad comes up proceed to dial *228 and that works with no 'BEEPING' in the background. My question still stands though, Why doesnt it work? Why do you have to bypass everything in order for it to work? Any other person with this type of problem would call up verizon demanding answeres or another device...I however know that is a pointless thing to do as problems are never resolved that way. Technitions are supposed to take care of that. I'm not belittling anyone or trying to sound arrogant in anyway...just simply pointing out a fairly big issue which people are going to run into EVERY time they do a hard FR or get a LRN which is STUCK on the Touch the android 'activation screen.' Hopefully a VZW employee sees this post as well as my link to the youtube video to resolve this issue for others that run into it as well. Not too many people can find "work-arounds" for these issues as I can. Just putting it out there.

0 Likes