Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Droid X2 Camera Not Working
brynnmcclung

My droid x2 camera was working just fine when I first got the phone. Now I try to use the camera and it comes up and says that the camera can not initialize.. I really need some help because I always use my camera.  I have taken the battery out and also turned on and off the phone multiple times. I hope that someone has an idea. Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Droid X2 Camera Not Working
Elitist_Jerk
Novice

can you clear the data out of the camera app? menu>settings>applications>manage applications>camera> clear data

if not you might have to do a factory reset

0 Likes
Cody21

Does it work in SAFE MODE? Which Camera App are you using?  There is also a free App called "Z-Device Test" that has various hardware tests.

0 Likes
brynnmcclung

I am using the camera that is on the phone from the manufacturer. I downloaded the z test app and it comes up with an x over my camera and my flash. How do I click on that to get it to run the test?

0 Likes
brynnmcclung

i went in and i cleared my data for the camera and it still says it is unable to initialize. I really hope that I do not have to do the factory reset. I don't want to lose everything on my phone.  Thank you and I will keep in mind about the factory reset.

0 Likes
Cody21

If it is showing an "X", it sounds like it doesn't see the Camera's hardware ...  Is there an "X" over both the PRIMARY & SECONDARY camera?

Try booting into SAFE MODE and see if the problem persists. If it DOES, you likley have a hardware issue. Not sure if a FR will solve it but that might be your last resort.

SAFE MODE:

Power Off

Press & Hold the MENU button

Press the power up - but keep holding the MENU button

after about 1-2 mins it should come up and say SAFE MODE in lower left corner.

test the camera.

If this works, you have an APP that is causing a conflict and time to start uninstalling apps.

Good luck.

0 Likes
brynnmcclung

There is an x on both the primary and secondary cameras. I will try this tonight when I get home from work and let you know if it works or not. Thank you so much for your help.

0 Likes
brynnmcclung

I did the safe mode and my camera came up but was still a black screen. That is what happens in the regular mode if I can actually get it to run. It is just a black screen. Should uninstall apps and see if that will fix it or just do the FR? Thanks.

0 Likes
Cody21

Very strange ...  yea, you might try the FR procedure -- if you take it to  Verizon, that's what they will likely do anyway. Make sure you copy anything you must have from your external card before starting that process. And give a holler if you need the procedures.

0 Likes
RIPCharge
Sounds like you got the last refurb I sent back. Luckily they gave me FINALLY a LNR that is almost 100% workable. Just takes a few times...6 in my case. Had three DX's too before they offered me a swap out with thw X2.
0 Likes