Droid X2 Stinks- Would never recommend to anyone
lgrantpeters

I've had a Droid X2 for about 1 year.  I'm not eligible for an upgrade until October unfortunately.   This phone has been nothing but problems for the last 6 months.  It shuts down on it's own, heats up, sometimes when someone calls me I cannot answer the call, there is a delay when texting, opening e-mail etc, etc.  If it's not shutting down on it's own then I need to shut it down many times a day because it is running so slow.  Usually that means pulling out the battery since it gets stuck when trying to shut it down.

Hate this phone

0 Likes
Re: Droid X2 Stinks- Would never recommend to anyone
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What kind of troubleshooting have you done beside pulling the battery? Factory reset? New battery if it keeps getting too hot? Are you using the same charger that came with the phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
lgrantpeters

Have not bought a new battery yet and yes i use the same charger

Sent via DroidX2 on Verizon Wireless™

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Igrantpeters, I regret to hear that you're having so many issues with your phone. Since this has been going on several months, there could be many factors causing these issues. First, if you have any antivirus or task killers installed, please remove those as they have been known to cause issues in phones. Also, clear cache from apps like your phone dialer, messaging, email and other apps that are freezing. Clearing cache will not delete info. Settings, Applications, Manage Applications, All, Messaging, Clear cache.

When the phone heats up, do you notice this happening while using a specific application? Also check what background apps are running by going to Settings, Apps, Running Services.

If still having all these issues and randomly shutting down, the last step would be a hard reset. This resets the phone to the default settings. http://bit.ly/sH3ays

Let me know if you need further assistance with this issue.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
lgrantpeters

Thx will give ur suggestions a try

Sent via DroidX2 on Verizon Wireless™

0 Likes