Droid X2 dropping calls - ideas?
kccrosser
Enthusiast - Level 3

My wife just got a Droid X2 (on 10/9/2011).  We had signal and dropped call/unable to make calls problems this last week.  Verizon tech support had me use *228 option 1 to reprogram the phone, which solved some of the problems.  We can now make - START - calls and the signal bars are now showing good signal strengths.

However, the phone is still dropping calls.  When you make a call, after about 30 seconds the call just drops - silence, then you get the home screen.  This is happening in the car over the Bluetooth link, so I don't think it is related to the "end call" button getting pressed.

I am ready to take it back to the store for a replacement, but any other ideas?

I am also puzzled as to why the phone had to be reprogrammed less than two weeks after we took it out of the store (where the sales person did the same thing)?

We got this phone because my wife's KRZR, which she loved, started having connection issues, which we now suspect were also due to changes requiring a *228-2 reprogram.  Unless we can solve this, I think we will return the phone and go back to the KRZR.

0 Likes
Re: Droid X2 dropping calls - ideas?
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Good morning kccrosser.

I understand your service connection is important, and can be frustrating when you cannot use the device as needed.  I'm glad your wife is now able to make calls.  However, as for the dropped calls, you mentioned silence and then a blank screen.  When your phone drops a call, the phone will beep or alert you and then you will see [Call Was Lost] display on your screen.  If this is not happening, it may be the other phone(s) losing connection.  Does this only happen when using the Bluetooth?  We may need to do additional troubleshooting to determine the exact issue, and to find a solution for your problem.  

Please send me a Private Message, and I will be happy to personally assist you.

Thank you,

0 Likes
GeorgeX2

I have the same problem. How do I send a "Private Message" Thanks

0 Likes
fenris072

We are having the same problem with my wife's phone.  Can you offer any suggestions to the group?     

0 Likes