Droid call quality ?
Droidlover

I love the phone except for the call quality. Has anyone else noticed this problem when phone is dialing or during conversation? It almost sounds like the ear speaker is blown out.

Thanks Matt

Ps wife has the same phone with same problem.

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Droid call quality ?
Packet
Enthusiast - Level 3

On my phone, it sounds to me a little warbly or choppy.  Not enough to be unusable, but enough for me to find it jarring in comparison to other smartphones I have.  (I do mobile development; I have Far Too Many smartphones on my desk.)  

However, my friends who tried out my phone didn't notice anything wrong, so perhaps I'm just being oversensitive.

0 Likes
rtpnc6
Enthusiast - Level 3

Uncheck the "Hearing Aid" setting in the phone settings.

0 Likes
Packet
Enthusiast - Level 3

Actually, fwiw, in my case the issue was the Conversation Privacy setting.  Turning that off definitely improved the audio quality.

0 Likes
amitjusc

Yeah I had to turn off the conversation privacy setting also.  Sounds great now.

0 Likes
rcr484

I haven't a problem at all, including the speakerphone, which is crystal clear.

0 Likes
colfrmb

Do you drop a lot of calls?  I have people on the other side who can't hear me and then I also drop a ton of calls in areas that I normally blow right through with no problem at all. 

0 Likes
rjones

Call quality has been excellent for me. Way better than my old Treo 700p. Have you updated the roaming by using *228 option 2? It may help you latch into more cell towers.

0 Likes
fortphilly

i have that problem with my droid eris. i went to my verizon store and told them but of course they couldnt hear it so couldnt help me. im going to try some of the suggestions on here.

0 Likes
colfrmb

I went to the Verizon store today and they uploaded some patch using that *22 thing.  Tomorrow I will put it to the test but I am hopeful.

0 Likes