Droid going to sleep but can't wake up
ChrisK423

2 Days ago, my Droid starting going to sleep and I am unable to wake up.  Once the backlight turns off, there is no way to wake it back up.  None of the buttons will turn it back on.  I have to pull the battery to restart it, and set the display to never turn off, in order to be able to access my phone.  Was there a bug in a recent upgrade?

0 Likes
Re: Droid going to sleep but can't wake up
debdobie

something happen because there is some funkiness going on. I am experincing the same problem. If my battery gets too low like 40 it behaves that way. never use to happen. I did upgraded the o/s now I am noticing this.

0 Likes
margogrant

it might be because it is dead, and i dont mean charge it dead, i mean you need to get a new phone dead

0 Likes
ChrisK423

My Droid X Pro exhibits this endless sleep setting regardless of how charged the battery is.  When I have it awake after removing the battery or setting the display to never time out, the power button opens up the calendar when I press it, instead of turning the screen off.  That's what led me to believe it was a software issue, and not a hardware issue.

0 Likes