Droid keys issue
haplo888
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same exact thing started on my original droid ~3 days ago.

• Home and Search buttons do nothing in virtually all apps, but are working mechanically.
  • Camera Button doesn't bring up the camera, but works to take pictures.
  • All options except Power Off disappeared from power button menu.
  • Screen unlock pattern gone and can't be re-initiated.
  • Phone doesn't ring but goes to voicemail.

There's clearly some bug in an update somewhere that I've been able to avoid until now.  I have all app updates on manual, and am running Android 2.2.3 from Nov 2011.  That only thing I can think of that may have triggered it was I activated a Live Wallpaper.

Would sure be nice to have this figured out so we don't have to do a factory reset every time somebody catches it.

0 Likes
Re: Droid keys issue
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

For the calls going to voicemail, do you have the call forwarding turned on?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
haplo888
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks to the moderators for creating this thread for me.

I guess my reply to the main thread on this topic was deleted because the thread goes back to 2010 and my reply bumped it.  I can understand that.

I just thought it made sense to post it on the thread on this topic because then people that are trying to help can see the whole history of the issue and that it goes back to 2010 and numerous people are still getting exactly the same issues.

That way people understand it's a known issue that we're looking for help getting resolved and not that somebody left call forwarding on. hehe.

You can see the thread by searching for "Droid Home key not working, along with other things."

Any help is appreciated.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The link to the older thread your post was created from is at the TOP of the this page. There isn't a need to "search" for it.

Also you never specified which DROID model you have. There's the OG DROID (1), DROID 2, DROID 2 Global, DROID R2D2, DROID 3, and DROID 4. You could have almost any of these models listed.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
haplo888
Enthusiast - Level 2

Original Droid 1.

I guess I'm hoping that if we can compare what triggers it for different people we can figure out what update set it off and get a work around.  Because right now I'm looking at a factory reset which is rough.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

haplo888 wrote:

I guess I'm hoping that if we can compare what triggers it for different people we can figure out what update set it off and get a work around.  Because right now I'm looking at a factory reset which is rough.

You said "That only thing I can think of that may have triggered it was I activated a Live Wallpaper."  Have you tried changing to a static wallpaper and see if that changes anything?  Have you tried a system cache clear?

0 Likes
haplo888
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did, ya.  I set it back to a static wallpaper, rebooted a couple times, no luck.  I even went into the Livewallpaper apps (that came with 2.2.3) and cleared data.  I also tried doing a soft settings reset by clearing data in the Settings.  Finally I tried wiping the cache partition with no luck.

Atm I'm thinking to just go through and start uninstalling what updates/clear data I can see if anything sets it back.  It's better than doing a full reset. =/

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you prepare for the reset with the right backup tools and applications, completing a factory reset isn't as much of a chore.

0 Likes