Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Droid x2 connection issues
droid80

I currently have a Droid X2 that has poor network coverage, and rarely gets more than two bars of coverage. This it while I am impractically standing under the Verizon tower.When placing a call the two bars instantly goes to one or none after the send button is pressed. The call quality is poor and scratchy rendering the phone useless, and data transfer is also affected which makes other applications not work properly. Is anyone else having issues with this device? I am in Verizon network area and have two other devices that have excellent (full service) and work properly. Having being with Verizon for many years I have always had good signal until my original Droid met its demise and was replaced three months ago with this Droid X2. Since then coverage has been terrible and I have had numerous issues with the phone. The original Droid X2 was replaced a week ago and the new phone (not refurbished) is having the same issues. This is were I have began to have many more problems, not only with the phone but also with some Asurion and Verizon support staff. My phone calls started to Verizon tech. support, where I was assisted by a very helpful gentleman who verified their was no network issues in my area, and offered to trouble shoot my device. He notates service issues that I was having with the device and also believed it was a phone issue since the phone was new, no reported network issues in area, and the second device with the same problems. But problem being I called from that device, despite knowing better, since I was sure it had to be a network issue since the phone was new and it was the 2nd device having the same problems. His advice was to call back from another phone and Verizon would take care of the problem (replace the phone if needed under manufactures warranty) and further troubleshoot the device. This was a acceptable solution since I did call from the defective phone. In a few hours call Verizon tech support again and troubleshoot the phone with a less than helpful individual. We run the standard *228 option 2 then option 1 several times, reset the phone, rest phone remove the battery, restore factory settings ect. and despite his efforts and attitude the phone has the same problems of poor signal. Despite making the call from a family members Verizon phone with full service his answer was that "sometimes phones do that" meaning loose service. This was a unacceptable answer to the problems I am having with the device and poor customer service. With this individual not able to provide a solution to my devices issues I then contact Asurion who troubleshoots the device. Repeat steps from before, transfer me to advanced tech., run around a little more, and decide that the device is defective. They replace the defective device and take my payment information incase i do not return the 2nd defective device, and ensure the phone will be delivered on Friday June 8th at 2:30pm, this is on wend say.

So on Thursday, since I was dissatisfied with the customer service I received from Verizon, I again call Verizon tech. support. The gentleman that politely addressed the poor service that I received the night before, did many more test, opened a ticket to check the network in area, and felt confident that their was a issue with the phone. To ensure all problems were addressed he did required steps to send me to level 2 support (what ever that means). This man was also helpful, attempted to resolve the problem, and performed more repeated test. Didn't seem advanced to me but OK. After all this the phone still has two bars and no better service and still looses almost all signal when the send button is pressed to make a call. He says he will call back the next day, in my opinion to see if the phone has completely died yet. Another mess up for Verizon and I'm starting to get frustrated with both customer service teams. Finally Friday gets here, seem like forever if you depend on your phone and use it for business purposes, and I wait for the device to arrive. After working a 16 hour day I arrive home to activate my 3rd Droid X2. Problem is the phone never arrived despite my grandmother being at the house all day. So I check the tracking information, and it shows that the device was delivered on 6/1/12 (date second phone was delivered) not today the 8th. Accepting the possibility that I entered a tracking number wrong or something I again call Asurion support. Sorry the computer had a glitch and the device wasn't shipped despite order numbers and other information being generated. The service represented was polite and it does no good to yell, here we go again. She offers to plance another order for the replacement phone but it will be Monday. The phone is getting progressively worse as well as my patience with this issue. I understand things happen but, WOW so many in a row, and will the 3rd Droid X2 have the same defects.

Having been told by Verizon they would take care of the phone since it is under manufacturs warrantiy I decide to call them and reverify the information they had provided before driving to a corporate store the next day. Not wanting to be without a phone for 5 days that i use at work. The Verzion rep. that receive this time is polite and discusses the problems that have occurred. Already frustrated, she (an advanced tech.) walks me through the try this, call this, and reset this routine; despite stating she sees the information in the notes on my account. I complete all the task she asks and she determines that the phone is defective ( this makes 2 Asurion and 3 Verizon techs. determining the phone is junk at a week or less old). I inform her that another Verizon rep. said that Verizon could replace this device under the manufactures warranty, and that I wanted to verify this information and make arrangements with the local Verizon company store so I could get this resolved. She informs me that their is nothing the Verizon can do because even though it is a new phone under manufactures warranty Asurion sent the phone. This made it Asurions problem and mine. I do understand policy's, and many of these guidelines are their for most transactions. But many service failures during this transaction have occurred by both companies. Verizon provides me phone service, and contracts the insurance with Asurion, so I feel that Verizon could take a few steps keep a customer happy, and retain contract holders. And at this point I am really dissatisfied with both service providers. And when the 3rd Droid X2 arrives (hopping for no computer glitch--fingers crossed) will work and maintain a signal for voice and data despite the failure of the previous 2 in three months?

Needing a phone and since all three phones are out of contract, getting a replacement tomorrow could be easy.

But after the service that I have received in the last week from Verizon, I am not sure that I want to sign a contract with them.

With the billing cycle ending on the 13th my options are to jump ship and switch carriers, or wait till Monday and hope the phone arrives. And if it does show up will it work, my other verizon phones do perfectly, but who knows with these x2's.

Any Suggestions???????????????????           

Sorry for the rant. I just need a phone, and tired of technical support/customer service.

0 Likes
Re: Droid x2 connection issues
Ann154
Expert
Expert

BTW, this is a peer to peer forum and not a direct line to customer service.  From what I was able to make out from your wall of text was the signal in your area is not the best.  The troubleshooting you mentioned is what most of us here would have suggested as well.

If you are looking at going to another carrier, I would suggest testing that carrier out before switching.  If you have friends with that carrier, invite them over and see what their signal is like where you want service.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
commonsense101

sounds like a poor signal or water damage

but yah at this point since the phone came from Asurian thats their phone now they own it not verizon

good luck switching carrirers, just make sure not to get a moto phone again

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello Droid80,

I want to ensure this is addressed for you! Please keep me posted if the device exchanged has resolved these signal issues. We value your loyalty and patience with this concern.

Thank you,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
droid80

Sorry for the long response before, but I was becoming a little frustrated. As for the replacement device it has the same issues as the previous two Droid X2's. It must be a issue with these phones, the programming, or using this model in my service area. All of my other Verizon phones still work and have full signal, as well as friends I know with the older Droid x. Just happy to be out of contract on all three lines.

0 Likes