Droid x2 turning off
vickyram01
I was wondering if anyone has this problem also. My droid x2 always turns off by itself, it has a full battery so I dont know the cause of it. It turns off even when I am not messing with it, i Could just hear it powering off and on by itself. Any suggestions?
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid x2 turning off
Cody21
Master - Level 2

When did the problem start?  Sounds like you have a rogue/faulty APP casuing yor grief. How freqnetly does it happen? If reproducable or frequent enough, I'd run in SAFE MODE for some period of time to see if the problem goes away. If it DOES goes away, you have a faulty APP and time to start uninstalling APPS.  If it also happens in SAFE MODE, might be time to consider doing a Factory Reset -- this is what Verizon will have you do anyway if you call them for help. But if you decide to go this route, make sure you don't just automatically reiinstall all your APPS else you could just install the APP causing your issue all over again.

Let us know if you need help doing any of this. SEARCH is your friend and these procedures are well documented.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

When did the problem start?  Sounds like you have a rogue/faulty APP casuing yor grief. How freqnetly does it happen? If reproducable or frequent enough, I'd run in SAFE MODE for some period of time to see if the problem goes away. If it DOES goes away, you have a faulty APP and time to start uninstalling APPS.  If it also happens in SAFE MODE, might be time to consider doing a Factory Reset -- this is what Verizon will have you do anyway if you call them for help. But if you decide to go this route, make sure you don't just automatically reiinstall all your APPS else you could just install the APP causing your issue all over again.

Let us know if you need help doing any of this. SEARCH is your friend and these procedures are well documented.

0 Likes
vickyram01
Well it happens almost everyday more than once but thank you I will try your advice and see if that works.
0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Let us know if you need help find any of those procedures or just want additonal guidance.

0 Likes
Flex

DROID x2 number 2... The first had a software issue. The volume button turned off the phone???? So Verizon sent me through a 45 troubleshooting exercise to say well, we'll just send you another one. And now, phone number 2 has been turning on and off untouched, on it's own. The battery is charged, the phone is not damaged... Not to mention I've had it for 3 days...I shouldnt have to put my phone in safe mode or factory reset it, or turn on and take out the battery or do an over the air upgrade on a phone they just sent...

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

agreed ... luck fo the draw I guess.  When they sent it to you, you didn't reinstall ALL of your APPs did you? It started doing the same thing out of the box before putting APPS on? ugh.

0 Likes