Droid2 Apps randomly shutting down
Greg_W

Playing music (both on phone or Pandora), reading Kindle, browsing websites, nothing stays on for very long. Already did a factory wipe that made it worse. Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Droid2 Apps randomly shutting down
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

@Greg_W

Oh wow! That's not how your applications should work. I would be very angry if everytime I used a application it forced closed. Let's get this fixed quickly.

Please power the Droid 2 on in Safe Mode and retest. Here's a link for Safe mode . If the device doesn't reset or force close it may be an application causing the issue. Do you have any Antivirus or Advanced Task Killer applications on the device. If so please remove them and retest. When you accomplished a factory wipe did some downloaded applications return automatically?

Please let me know if your still experiencing issues.

Thank you

0 Likes
Re: Droid2 Apps randomly shutting down
Greg_W

Joel

When I did the factory reset nothing came back I have been reinstalling all my apps since then, I have no task killers or Anti virus installed.  It seems that safe mode lets me listen to the music with out the program closing so how do I figure out which application is causing the issue in normal mode?  Delete them and start over?

Greg

0 Likes