DroidX not syncing with gmail
jolyntav

Hello, hopefully someone can give me some advice, I have 6 gmail accounts (yes i know that is quite a lot) and had 5 of them set to auto sync so I would be notified when I received a new email. My husband tried to be helpful and adjusted some things so my batt would last longer, and now my gmail isn't even syncing, i have to go to each to and manually refresh to get email, and even then it takes a few refreshes to load any new email. He doesn't remember what he did, and I have gone through each account to set it to notify me, even taken each account off and reloaded it, still will not load. Any suggestions would be a help, i have two business accounts set on there and I need to know right away when i get an email. Thanks!

~Jolyn

0 Likes
Re: DroidX not syncing with gmail
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is the background sync turned off? Settings > accounts & sync.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jolyntav

nope, it is on, i turned it off, rebooted the phone, then turned it back on, and rebooted the phone . . . still not syncing Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Shoot.

Okay this might seem drastic, but it might work.

Go to settings > applications > manage applications > all tab > scroll down to gmail and select it. From there press the clear data button. This will clear out all the settinga for the gmail app, but it won't delete your accounts. Also press the force stop for gmail. Reboot the phone and then open the gmail app. You will be forced to resync the gmail that loads in that app.

If you are not using the gmail app to get your email, please let us know what other email app is being used.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

jolyntav

Ok i will try all of that, I am using the gmail app, not another app, to get my mail, though there is another loaded on the phone, but I don't use it (maybe i will uninstall it), also have aol and yahoo apps, but again, I don't use any thing else to get my gmail, and the yahoo is sending me new emails. Ok, hold on lol here i go to clear out data and see if that works!

0 Likes
jolyntav

and ok, did all of that, but when I touched the clear data, the force stop greys out and I can't do that, hopefully that doesn't matter?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Having the force stop gray out shouldn't bother it. Eoing the force stop was more of a precaution then anything else.

0 Likes
jolyntav

alright, well it still didn't work . . . I am 90% sure I am doing all this correctly, I sent a test email from my computer and still will not update unless I manual refresh, would uninstalling the app and reinstaling help? I am kinda at my wits end lol

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The gmail app can't be completely uninstalled because it is a system app. You can uninstall any updates. Try that.

I hope you don't have to go all the to a factory reset to fix this.

Anyone else with any other ideas?

0 Likes
jolyntav

shudders, i hope i don't have to go to factory reset either Smiley Sad I would welcome any other suggestions!

0 Likes