Email: Warning Account Name Already Exists
dirtkween

The other day when I clicked on my mail app (not the yahoo mail app) I got the sign in screen. I clicked on Yahoo. Signed in and I keep getting this message "Warning: The acct name already exists." The app on my screen says I have 99+ emails but I can't check them. Help?

0 Likes
Re: Email: Warning Account Name Already Exists
debo1120

I have the same problem with my yahoo account and now my hotmail account which is showing up, will not sync.  This is beyond frustrating.  This has been going on for weeks.  Does anyone have the solution?  I went to the VW store and they couldn't help either. 

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Have you tried removing the account and adding it back and see if this resolve the issue, sometimes the email pervider merge servers and the merger doesnt go perfect and users cant access the account with old settings..

Try removing the accounts with issues and add it back...   I have 3 Yahoo accounts and havent seen this issue so far.

0 Likes
debo1120

Yes, that didn't work.  I called Verizon Wireless and finally got it back up and running correctly.  Here are the steps:

1. make sure contacts are backed up through backup assistant (see contacts on your account)

2. power down

3. remove battery and card under battery (sim card?), replace battery and power on

4. pull up settings, SD and phone storage, Factory data reset, reset phone

5. follow prompts, power phone 

6. add mail accounts back

7. replace card under battery

8. power back

Everything appears and mail is back in business

I am so happy.  This has been so frustrating for at least a month now.  I should have called instead of visiting the store. 

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

A hard reset would have worked with SD Card in device....  I was going to suggest a hard reset but was shooting for a let destructive method because some gets upset when a hard reset is suggested...

Glad to hear you are back up and going...

0 Likes