Email accounts issues
thomasr1950
Contributor - Level 2

I have a similar issue. I have gmail & att yahoo email accts. The email acct. that is on the phone with the envelope stopped working. I then installed the yahoo email, now i can't send a email with a attachment pic from my phone. I get the message sending failed. My phone keeps trying to send the email. I went into the phone email acct but was not able to set up the default acct., i get the message default acct. must be set. At times it asks from server setting, error 503. How do i resolve this?

<Branched to a new discussion due to the age of original thread.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Email accounts issues
thomasr1950
Contributor - Level 2

I took my phone to a Verizon Store. The only way they could resolve the issue was to do a factory reset. In doing so i lost all apps & pics. A rep said there is a conflict with Android & Yahoo mail. This is something that needs to be fixed by Yahoo or Google. They also said they had issues with their Yahoo mail accounts. Thanks to all that assisted me. Often times the Community has fixes. Sometimes it just requires hands on as in my case.

0 Likes
Re: Email accounts issues
ricemeli
Enthusiast - Level 3

Interesting. I have been having issues with my Email app (not gmail) and I had recently added my yahoo email account, and your post makes me wonder if it's related. I'm going to try deleting my yahoo account from Email, power-down, power back up, and see if I still have the same issue.

There is no way in hail that I'm doing a factory reset. I'm really sorry that you had to do that. Smiley Sad

Thanks and kind regards,

ricemeli

0 Likes
Re: Email accounts issues
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are lots of threads/posts about this issue on this forum if you want to do a search.  Since it affects various phones and e-mail services (but seems to be primarily Yahoo and AOL), some think it's a Verizon issue, others think it's Google ... who knows?  Until (if) it's fixed, workarounds include setting up your e-mail as an 'other' account, using the Yahoo Mail (if applicable) app from Google Play, or using another e-mail client like K-9 (also available from Google Play). 

0 Likes