Error: Too Many Windows Open in Browser
Droidme

I keep getting this error that says I have too many windows open in browser.  I used the menu button and went to the the page that shows all the windows that are open.  There is no "X" on the right to close them and if I touch them, the web page opens.  How can I close these windows?

0 Likes
Re: Error: Too Many Windows Open in Browser
Joe_Evaristo
Contributor - Level 1

There should be a "-", not an "x" to the right of the open windows. Touch the minus signs to close the windows.

0 Likes
arichard21

or hit menu-windows. then hit the - to close

0 Likes
Holly_SwordLily

Droidme wrote:

I keep getting this error that says I have too many windows open in browser.  I used the menu button and went to the the page that shows all the windows that are open.  There is no "X" on the right to close them and if I touch them, the web page opens.  How can I close these windows?

you could also try cleaning your phone of history and other things that could be slowing down your phone. you do understand your phone is basically a miniature computer? and just as any computer the history is saved and has to be cleared occasionally or lag and clogging will occur. i have found a free easy to use app that achieves this end. on your phone go to market>apps>tap the search icon>type in history eraser>tap history eraser DUMAPIC (should be the second one listed)>tap install>open app>the easiest way to delete all history at once is the bomb>and depending on how much you browse the internet,call people, etc. is how often you need to delete your history. i do it about twice everyday.

0 Likes
fifthgear001
Enthusiast - Level 3

By the way, just to add to all this, you can only have 8 tabs open on the stock browser.

0 Likes