External antenna for a Droid?
phatkhat

Does anyone know if there is an external antenna that will work with the Droid? I want to be able to use the phone in my storm shelter to monitor the weather. Right now, if I stand on the steps, and hold the phone up by the air vent, it will work, but not when I'm just normally sitting down. So I want to be able to put the antenna up the air vent, and one of the car antennas would probably work. But how does it connect to the phone?(Guess I should have kept the landline.)

0 Likes
Re: External antenna for a Droid?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Maybe a battery operated weather radio would work better?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
phatkhat

Um, yeah. But I want to be able to look at the radar and storm tracks to kind of see where I'm at in it. The radio only gives warnings, but little info. I'm kind of married to Wunderground during tornado season.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@phatkhat,

It's great to see that you are getting prepared for storm season. It definitely sounds like you have a great storm shelter there. I truly hope for your safety in this upcoming tornado season.

When it comes to an external antenna. I have found that many of the products on the market are used while in cars or trucks. This extension of the antenna may be beneficial as you eluded to earlier as your able to get signal while close to the air vent. These products come as wireless products in many cases as few phones have additional antenna ports available.

YosefT_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes