Re: Factory reset - the what, why, and how for Gingerbread
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Bump for the latest members getting GB'd.  Enjoy.

0 Likes
DroidudeAZ
Contributor - Level 2

My question is do I need to do a factory reset? My 2.3.3 upgrade went pretty well. No big issues. Should I do a factory reset anyway, to really clean the phone out? 

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Unless something is broke, why try to fix it ... It *could* cause problems. I'd just leave it alone if I were you ... that's what I did ...  not what Wildman did though ...   :smileywink:

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

DroidudeAZ wrote:

My question is do I need to do a factory reset? My 2.3.3 upgrade went pretty well. No big issues. Should I do a factory reset anyway, to really clean the phone out? 

If you are not see ing force close issues or any other issue, it is probably best to leave it alone.  However if you start seeing problem you know wher to find the steps. :smileywink:

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I agree if you have did update and isnt having any issues there isnt any reason to reset.  If issues show up then I would concider doing one..

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend
i didn't reset before or after, so far......
0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

me neither ... I did a "CLEAR SYSTEM CACHE" just for the heck of it the other day, and it hosed over 1 of my SWYPE options that I can't get back.    So, yes, what Wildman said and I previously suggested.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Cody21 wrote:

me neither ... I did a "CLEAR SYSTEM CACHE" just for the heck of it the other day, and it hosed over 1 of my SWYPE options that I can't get back.    So, yes, what Wildman said and I previously suggested.

Cody I forgot to point that out, that clearing cache sometime can cause issues like that, if you have a backup app you can restore the settings for swype to fix the issue because I have to do this any time I do a cache cleaning of device...

This is one of the downfalls to clearing cache it clears data for several apps not just one most of the time..

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Thanks ... but I don't use one.

0 Likes
deltasworder1x

I just got the GB update for my droid x and i'm noticing issues. My camera and camcorder apps freeze up and when i try to adjust settings the apps close on their own. Should i do the factory reset here? Please reply Idk if i should reset or send it to verizon!

0 Likes