False Reading from Screen
KBear2222

So my droid incredible 2 was awesome until my screen started detecting a touch when I never did anything. If I unlock the phone and leave it alone, the screen will detect a touch (when I did no such thing) around .5 of an inch from the top of the screen. If I am on the main page (looking at the time and date) my clock icon will open and from there any icon around the area where the phone is detecting a consistent touch will open. The phone is registering this as a consistent touch that won't release. When it does start, I can't do anything with the phone except lock it and unlock it so I can get to what I needed.

Help Please.

0 Likes
Re: False Reading from Screen
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to gain reliable performance from your device KBear2222! How long has this been going on? Have you tried power cycling the phone and removing the battery? Does this happen with a particular function or app? We will get to the bottom of this!

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
KBear2222

This has been going on for the last 3 weeks and its getting progressively worse. I tried both and that did not work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry about this experience with your Incredible 2 KBear2222! Let's see what's going on with that screen. How long have you had this phone? It may be a little difficult since the screen is super sensitive, but please try going to Settings>Display> G-Sensor Calibration> Calibrate. Please keep us posted if improves.

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
KBear2222

The phone is a year and a half old and I tried that but that didn't fix the problem either.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

How would calibrating the G-sensor help with false touches on the screen?  That doesn't make any sense.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi KBear2222,

Oh no! Sorry to hear that you are still experiencing this issue. This could be a software or hardware malfunction. To best determine, please place the device in Safe Mode and tell me does the issue still occur? Has there been any liquid or physical damage to the device?

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
KBear2222

I am having trouble putting the device into safe mode. I know I restart the device, when the HTC logo comes on, I hold down the volume down button and wait. I never see a safe mode icon at the bottom.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the reply KBear2222. We want to make sure that we do all that we can to get this issue resolved for you. Below is a link on how to enable safe mode on the Incredible 2.

http://vz.to/14U5Hyw

Once you have enabled safe mode, please used the device for the next 24 - 48 hours to see if you are still experiencing the issue. If so then please advise so we can take the nest step.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes