Forward text to email
GrandBob

I used to be able to Forward text messages to my e mail on my 'dumb' phone.  How can I do that on my new 'smart' Bionic?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Forward text to email
HighDesert
Contributor - Level 2

You use the same technique as Forwarding a text to a phone number, but enter an e-mail address in the "To" window instead of a phone number:

Assuming you're using the stock Texting client...

1. Long-press on the message and a window should pop up, and one of the options will be Forward Message.
  2. Select Forward Message.
  3. In the To: box, type in an e-mail address.

It seems that if you just enter a name in the "To" box it will only give you the option of the phone number associated with that name, but it will accept an e-mail address if you type it in manually.  I just-now tried it and forwarded a text message to my e-mail address.

View solution in original post

Re: Forward text to email
HighDesert
Contributor - Level 2

You use the same technique as Forwarding a text to a phone number, but enter an e-mail address in the "To" window instead of a phone number:

Assuming you're using the stock Texting client...

1. Long-press on the message and a window should pop up, and one of the options will be Forward Message.
  2. Select Forward Message.
  3. In the To: box, type in an e-mail address.

It seems that if you just enter a name in the "To" box it will only give you the option of the phone number associated with that name, but it will accept an e-mail address if you type it in manually.  I just-now tried it and forwarded a text message to my e-mail address.