Frequent connection issues w/ X2, loses 3G constantly
sangredeltoro

For the past two months, I've experienced significant signal and connection loss with my X2.

I've been with Verizon for about 5 years and my X2 is my 3rd Verizon phone. I've never had connection issues in the past with any other phone, no matter how old.

My X2 is about 9 months old and usually has good, if not consistent, 3G or at least 4 bars.  However, since June, my phone would drop from 3G or a 1 bar connection in seconds and remain there. Just this evening, I've gone from full 3G to grayed-out connection 3 times without me moving the phone from it's current location. I've just noticed that I've missed two calls because of this.  This condition has increased in frequency in the past two months and now concerned that there is something else going on.

I've cleared out several old applications, double checked the updates on the software, and have rebooted it several times.  Rebooting will get me to Blue 3 bars, not always 3G.

Has anyone else experienced this situation?  Are there any known fixes? It is frustrating to change phones because it is dependent on the reliability of the replacement.

I'm in Orange County, CA, in the Cal State Fullerton area.

Many thanks.

- Ravi

0 Likes
Re: Frequent connection issues w/ X2, loses 3G constantly
EDRN2011

Yes, my Droid X has been doing the exact same thing.  I often have 1X and not even 3G service.  This caused me to receive a text message 5 hours after it was originally sent on Saturday.  Also if I attempt to call someone it takes approximately 3 minutes for my phone to "connenct."  I cannot wait for my upgrade in October.  I have been with Verizon Wireless for a decade and I have never had any trouble with connectivity until now.  The sales reps at my local store told me that it is happening because it is America's largest network and most Verizon customers have smart phones which is bogging down the system.  I am not sure if that is it or if it is just time to upgrade my phone.  (It's almost 2 years old)

0 Likes
elsaleslie

I just bought a brand new PanTech Breakout and am having the same problem.  Right now I'm not even getting a 3G connection.  My old Droid 1 never had this problem.

0 Likes
ioway54

I have been having the same problem with no 3G. Have been with Verizon over 10 years. Droid X2 is my second smartphone and the actual device is a refurb sent to me by Verizon when my original crashed.  It was working very well until this weekend.  I don't live in a metro area (west central Illinois) but people have 4G phones that work fine.  I wonder if this is how Verizon is treating people who have unlimited data plans?  I hope that someone from Verizon actually  reads these posts.....

0 Likes
gg4

This past weekend I have lost 3G.  Thought maybe it was just my phone but now I see there are more with the same problem.

0 Likes
j_a_rocker

I've been having issues since April. I upgraded to a Droid X in October and in April had to call customer service because of phone issues - they did a complete reset and phone started acting up again 2 weeks ago. On Monday, July 23 - I had no problem at least making calls and receiving texts. On Tuesday, July 24 - when I got within a 5 mile radius of my office, the phone would not make or receive calls and would not send or receive texts.

I received a refurbished X2 in the mail on Thursday, July 26 - activated the phone and went about my life. On Friday, July 27 - I get to my office - the phone will not do anything. I can't text and can't receive calls. When I try to make a call, the phone says my number isn't connected or is not in service. I waste an hour on the phone with tech support who can't get the phone to function. I'm overnighted a refurbished X2 in the mail. Funny thing, I leave my office Friday evening and after getting out of my work area, I receive 3 voicemails and 3 test texts the tech sent. I call customer service back and try to explain I think there is something wrong with the area and am told it's the device.

I get my second X2 on Saturday, July 28 - activate it - works fine at my home - while I'm out. Return to the office on Monday and again - no service. So this is now 3 phones which have become dead while I get within 5 miles of work and am in my office. I'm basically paying for services which I can't use for 45 hours a week. I leave work every day and have missed calls, messages left by doctors offices, missed texts, etc.

I am on the only Verizon subscriber in my office to have this issue it seems. I've asked others - those who have 4G phones are having no problems. Those with 3G phones like myself are receiving even spottier coverage than before, but can still have the basic functions on their phones work.

I've been a Verizon customer for 11 years and never once called customer service for anything. Never broke a device, never had an issue with a device. I pay my bill on time and in full every month and the moment problems arise, I feel like I'm getting the run around.

As I am now on my 3rd Droid in a week and still have no capabilities at my office - I'm at the point where I will be asking to have my contract terminated and I will not be paying any fee. I am very disappointed in the support I've gotten and I am annoyed by this unexplained issue.

0 Likes