G. B. Update 4.08.605.2 IS STILL AVAILABLE BUT SOME THINGS NEED TO BE DONE BEFORE INSTALLING IT!
B33
Legend

My update went smooth as i expected it would but there area a few things i do before I install it.  i let the phone be once the update starts I don't mess with it i let it go thru all the steps Completly.  I make sure one's that text me or call me stop untill the update is finished. No interuptions! period...:smileysurprised:

Accouple things i would suggest when an before doing this update:  Listen Up! As this may help to get a good an successful Install Hopefully...:smileywink:

1. Make Sure you have a Full charged battery. Allway important as phones don't do well updating on a partial charged or near dead battery.

2.Make Sure you have a Very good signal if you Don't Go to were you can get a good signal an No interfearence. An make sure your freinds an family are aware your doing a update an hold off calling you till your thru with the Update 

3. If you have a Tonn of Apps or you haven't done a Factory Reset in a while or at all since purchasing the phone i would do the Fr before or if you went ahead an got the update an the phone is giving you fits Do it then. This will refresh things an pute the update on a Nice clean platform But doing a Fr will require you to back up all your Data an Apps! if you have alott of payed apps they'll be saved to you Google Acc. the free one's you'll have to write down an search out in the Market.

4. Once the Update is thru make sure everything is running smoothly Check out all area's An then shut the phone down. If you want to as well pull the Battery or perform a soft reset i've done this in the Past but you don't have to do. unless you want to. 

Some or all of this to you may seem to be to much extra for you to do before an after a reset as we live in fast pase world an we need our phones to be up n runnen. But a little extra TLC... will go a long way to help improve your phone to work better for Ya. In the Long Runnn.... :smileyhappy:  B33  

0 Likes
Re: G. B. Update 4.08.605.2 IS STILL AVAILABLE BUT SOME THINGS NEED TO BE DONE BEFORE INSTALLING IT
thehun69

The Froyo update didn't require any FR, so why this one does? And then all the reported bugs the update created for some, makes me thinks twice to even concider this. My phone works great now, I have no issues, other then the low storage issue which was brought upon us by previous updates. Seems to me this update is more hassle then any good.

0 Likes
Re: G. B. Update 4.08.605.2 IS STILL AVAILABLE BUT SOME THINGS NEED TO BE DONE BEFORE INSTALLING IT
DawgTagz

Thanks for making this pain of an update easier.

A few things to remember when using the "date ahead" method - as stated, DO NOT TOUCH YOUR PHONE AFTER THE UPDATE STARTS. It will hang on the startup animation (just realized the graphic depicts the cam lens and flash! Duh.) Just chill and let it do its thing. I know it's hard. Take a walk if you have to.

You need not delete all your apps, just most of them. Backup everything on a remote harddrive if possible. 

A file manager like Astro is helpful in this procedure. I recommend backing up all your apps with it and reinstalling that way since you don't have to download each individually, saves time but not necessary I suppose.

Don't forget to set your time back to automatic! 

I didn't do a FR. I'll let you know if anything goes wonky. Have heard some things about additional battery usage but that could just be due to the system resetting after update. i.e., need to re-tweak your dInc.

Enjoy your sense of accomplishment when it's finally over. And remember, it's not you, it's "V". (:

0 Likes