GPS kills data connection
expresstrain

i am having a recurring problem whenever i try to use my droid gps. i am in an urban environment with very reliable signals but every time i open google maps or any other program that utilizes my droid gps, the signal/data connection is immediately severed until the gps is disabled or the accessing program is closed... then the signal comes back. this has been happening for a couple months now and thought it might be an issue that may have been created by one of my apps but after this long and multiple app updates and reboots, it still persists... 

any help or ideas  would be greatly appreciated, thanks

0 Likes
Re: GPS kills data connection
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

This seems like a system error. A factory reset will restore this back to your phone. The steps to performing the reset are listed below:

1. Hold Home Button and press power (continue to hold until you see the triangle with an asterisk like in step 2)

2. Screen will show a Android with a triangle with asterisk

3. Let Go of Home Button and Power

4. Press Search Button (Far Right Button)

5. A blue menu will show at top of page, scroll to Format Device

6. Select Yes to verify

7. Allow format to complete (Information at bottom of page will go through a few steps)

8. Once Format is complete Blue Menu will show at top again, select Reboot

9. Sometimes phone hangs after reboot and will take a while but if no response after 5 - 10 minutes, pull the battery and reinsert. (Device usually starts fine after this)

0 Likes