Gingerbread update - Bluetooth no longer working in car
smitty97007
Contributor - Level 1

I have seen people complaining about this issue on other forums - lots of phone models and car models are affected.  My bluetooth was wworking perfectly for hands-free calling prior to the Gingerbread update.  Bluetooth stopped working the day I received my Gingerbread update last week.  I've tried everything I can try.  Apparently there is no resolution to the issue yet.  Verizon tech support could not help - they told me to contact HTC.  HTC tech support had no clue.  I want to revert back to Froyo, but apparently that's not possible either.  I am VERY frustrated.  I loved Android, but bluetooth in my car is a very important feature for me.  Might be time for an iPhone...

If anyone has any solutions for this issue, please let me know.  By the way, I have read in other forums that a factory reset does not work - it keeps the same phone software.  It's something that changed in Gingerbread that is causing the problem.  I would love to get rid of Gingerbread.

0 Likes
Re: Gingerbread update - Bluetooth no longer working in car
Wildman
Legend

This may sound like something that would be clear but have you tried removing the bluetooth settings from device and radio and pair the device again?

0 Likes
smitty97007
Contributor - Level 1

Yes I did - I tried that a few times.  The device will pair but disconnects immediately every time.  It's really frustrating.  Thanks for the suggestion, though!

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

What happens when you press on bluetooth device name and select connect?

0 Likes
smitty97007
Contributor - Level 1

It connectes for a fraction of a second and then disconnects again.  Says "Paired but not connected".  I've tried deleting it from both car and phone.  Unpairing, repairing.  Nothing seems to work.  Never had a problem before the Gingerbread update

0 Likes
icyhot5

I've had the same Bluetooth issue since the Froyo update and was hoping Gingerbread update (for which I still didn't get the OTA update notification for) would resolve it. Based on HTC forums, seems like it's an HTC Sense bug that was introduced with 2.2 and is not an Android issue in itself. Apparently HTC screwed up the Bluetooth stack somehow. For me, I haven't had issues with 2.1, but after the previous upgrade my phone is unable to maintain a connection w/ my car.

0 Likes
smitty97007
Contributor - Level 1

Based on a Google search, there are many people who have suddenly had bluetooth issues once they received the Gingerbread update.  I spoke with both Verizon and HTC tech support and both people I spoke to acted as if this was the first they'd heard of any problems.  I know others have complained - in force.  That does not give me much hope that anyone is working to resolve the issue.  I am seriously considering a iPhone once the new one comes out.  Never thought I would say that, but blurtooth through my car is too important a feature for me to give up. I know I could buy 3rd party bluetooth hardware, but it worked perfectly through the car before Gingerbread.

0 Likes
Goo

I also now have this issue! May be time to replace the phone...

0 Likes
smitty97007
Contributor - Level 1

After searching the web some more about Gingerbread/Bluetooth issues, it appears this problem is rampant with all Droid phones and car makes/models.  And Verizon ignores it like it isn't their problem.  HTC also acts like they don't see a problem.  What a mess.  I am a very unhappy Droid owner right now...

0 Likes
DIncRotorhead

Smitty,

I don't have Gingerbread (yet, and I'm thinking that's a good thing at this point), but I've had the same problem with my DInc before with my 7 week old new car.  After an initial successful link-up and upload of my phone book, my phone wouldn't maintain a connection either.

Here's my suggestion for you, because It's my current work around to get my bluetooth connection to work:

1) Unpair your car bluetooth and your phone so you can start from scratch

2) Re-pair your DInc and your car

3) When your phone connects to your car, you'll hopefully get a pop-up dialogue box on your phone asking to link to your phone book.  At this point, say no to the phone book link.  You *should* hopefully have a good bluetooth connection now, and you'll still have the ability to dial from your phone book.  If you don't get the pop-up, well...I'm out of ideas.  Sorry.  :smileysad:

I don't know what capability that pop-up dialogue box on the phone supports, but it sure screws up my bluetooth connection in my car.

0 Likes